Galaxy Note 10.1: Not charging?

ziad houni

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Not charging?

the same happend to me just yesterday after my note had updated his softwear, the battry wont be charged from the wall plug, i left it more that 5 houres in charging, its show that its charging, but when i pluged it out it just show battry is low and the device went shutdown even if its already pluged in.
any one tell me what is wrong !!
thank you

Amr Eldafrawy

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Not charging?

I got my Note 10.1 yesterday. I immediately hooked up the USB cable to a port on my computer and left it for a while to charge. Based on the flashing icon on the screen, I believe that was working just fine. It came out of the box with what looked like around a 60% charge. It charged for a about 2 hours then I took it off, fired it up, and started playing with it. It was not at 100% charge, but it was pretty high.

This morning, I hooked it back to the same USB cable connected to my computer. The battery now shows 76% charge and it has a red X on it and the battery status is discharging. I.e. under Settings / Battery, it says "76% - Discharging".

Why is it not charging now, when I have it hooked to my PC?

I rebooted it and it came back up the same. My computer shows that it's connected. The Note status bar has the USB symbol and says it is connected as a media device.

objectiv

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I have experienced the same problem as the rest of you.
The suggestion of changing around the pins of the brick adapter
into the power socket worked for me, fully charged in about two hours!
Thank you whoever made the suggestion.
Objectiv.

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
IF USB cord is to short, put the "wall wart" (charger block) on extension cord.... Using PC and USB cord does not work, PERIOD... Its the amperage thing as others have said.... Charger needs to be 2+amp (2100ma) ...

Though I do have heavy duty USB extension cord (3 ft - off some device discarded a long time ago) that extends USB side of charger and it works fine...

Dale

Sam Lowry

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
[BOX]How do you do this "The suggestion of changing around the pins of the brick adapter
into the power socket "? [/BOX]

That wording confused me for a while, too. They mean unplug your charger (brick adapter) from the wall and turn the plug over, so the prongs (pins) are in opposite holes in the socket.

MuzzaWA

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
" How do you do this "The suggestion of changing around the pins of the brick adapter
into the power socket "?"

"wording confused me for a while, too. They mean unplug your charger (brick adapter) from the wall and turn the plug over, so the prongs (pins) are in opposite holes in the socket."

Actually, I believe the meaning is to remove the localised AC adaptor by sliding it out, then plug in an AC radio power cord with a figure 8 plug.
The result will effectively give you an AC extension cord without the bulk.20160820_185911.jpg

MuzzaWA

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
After much testing of a variety of AC and 12VDC adapters, it appears that some Samsung tablets require a proprietary charger or adapter similar to Apple.
All AC adapters I tested gave the red crossed charge icon unless they were Samsung of 2A output capacity.
All 12VDC adapters I tested gave the red crossed charge icon regardless off output capacity (2A & 3A included.
Adding USB extensions did not cause the red cross in any combination, including extra thin cables, with 5 different cables strung together in series. Total length of over 3m still works fine with the correct 2A adapters.
BUT, adding a dongle supplied by Targus gets rid if the red cross for all scenarios!
This came in the "Laptop Car Charger + Phone/Tablet Charge", model # APD046AU
The Targus website actually mentions "iPad or tablet", so should be good for all.
Edit: as I do not own any Apple gear nor plan to, no Apple adapters could be tested
20160822_185159.jpg