Where is the OB Defender for the Note 10.1???

xeroslash

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I'd rather request a Commuter case :p

Either way, I'd love an Otterbox for this thing. Although the Belkin case is doing fine so far.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I had a Defender for my Playbook that I traded in for my Note 10.1 and got a great price on the trade-in.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Handheld Device

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Customer service replied that they are not aware of plans to produce a Defender case for the Note 10.1 and to stay tuned to the website. The iPad gets all the attention. I will bet that their owners don't even have to ask. If we don't speak up and make ourselves heard, then we will be ignored.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Handheld Device

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Sure would love some help getting the attention of Otterbox to develop a Defender case for the Note 10.1.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't know about you guys but I am not comfortable with not having a rugged case like the Defender on tablet instead of the leather folding case from Belkin. Don't get me wrong. It is nice but I would prefer a hard case. If we make enough noise, OB might make one. Apple doesn't have to ask for a Defender case. Why should Android owners have to ask?

xeroslash

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Android owners have to ask because Android is not just 1 tablet with the same form factor like Apple. There are dozens out there with some not selling quite as well as others leaving OB to carefully choose where to spend development dollars.

I've sent a request for my Note 10.1 also.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Let's make some noise so that OB or some other manufacturer will release a rugged case.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
My second attempt to get a Defender case released suffered yet another setback. I was again told that there are no current plans to produce A Defender case for the Note 10.1. If the Note 10.1 sells ten percent of the units that GS3 smartphone, and that's two million potential customers. They produced one for my Playbook that I traded in for my Note 10.1. Playbook sales won't even compare to the Note 10.1.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I have tried engaging the help of other tech forum boogers to get the attention of OB. Is it too much to ask for some type of rugged case to protect my tablet? I am not liking my Belkin leather folder case.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I have tried engaging the help of other tech forum boogers to get the attention of OB. Is it too much to ask for some type of rugged case to protect my tablet? I am not liking my Belkin leather folder case.

I would help you out, but I personally have no intention of ever using a bulky looking case on my tablet. However, I'll contact the manufacturer and help you out.
Unless you work in construction or something like that, I'm not sure why anyone would want a case like that? I've owned tablets since the original ipad and have never used anything but the thinnest / lightest case available. I guess I'm not real hard on my electronics :)

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I do agree that IPad gets all the attention. The selection at best buy for Android was just an end case, but a whole aisle row for IPad. Really gets me upset. I also understand that like someone said above, not all the Android Tablets are exactly the same, like all the Ipads are except the Ipad 3 was thicker. It's a joke how much stuff for Ipad. I think in time though, if the sales do well with the Note, which I'm sure they will, there will be more stuff for it. Every day I see a few more cases on Amazon.
I did get a confirmation on my MinuSuit TPU silicon cover that I ordered from the seller. The Pics on Amazon don't show the cutout for the S Pen, but talked to someone from the company and he emailed me a picture of the case with the Cutout. I originally was going to cancel my order, but since he confirmed it with a pic, I kept the order on Amazon. Should receive it today or tomorrow. It was preordered and supposed to not get them until the 27th, but they sent me an email saying they have them now and wanted to know if they could ship it. I was like heck yeah! I'll post some pics when I get it. It was like 3 dollars and some change on Amazon, and with shipping less than $7.

djbrax

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I recieved information from Otterbox on the state of an Otterbox for the Note10.1:

Dear Derek,

We are currently working on a case for this device but do not have an ETA at this time. We recommend keeping an eye on our website or Facebook page where we will be sure to post more information as soon as it is available. You can also sign up for our email notification to be among the first to know when it becomes available.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I recieved information from Otterbox on the state of an Otterbox for the Note10.1:

Dear Derek,

We are currently working on a case for this device but do not have an ETA at this time. We recommend keeping an eye on our website or Facebook page where we will be sure to post more information as soon as it is available. You can also sign up for our email notification to be among the first to know when it becomes available.

Hopefully, before the successor to the Note 10.1 is released, an OB Defender case will be released.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
OB has the case for the Tab 2 10.1 which would fit the Note 10.1 but the issue would be the opening for the S Pen.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
No joy from OB on the Defender for the Note 10.1. Heard from today. Thwarted again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles