Imports Blank Documents

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Several times over the last couple of days whenever I import PDFs into S-note some of them import as blank documents. The PDFs open fine in EzPDF but not in S-note. It seems to be random as to which ones work fine and which ones don't. Delete and importing again doesn't fix the problem. It seems as if S-note has a problem reading certain PDFs. Any one else see this?

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Yes I have. Over 50% of the PDFs I have received from college professors load as blanks, but work inother PDFreader apps. Samsung better fix this or this tablet becomes worthless to me. The Kno app sucks too. I have lost numerous pages of notes and highlights.

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site
It is completely random. Some PDFs are password protected and open just fine. Every PDF will open in EzPDF but if it is password protected EzPDF won't allow you to edit it. S-note will allow you to edit any PDF so long as it opens and isn't blank.

xeroslash

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Quite strange. Well, they were quick to get an update out after launch for some kind of issues. Maybe we'll see something else after the initial launch adopters put it through its paces and Samsung gets feedback. Who knows how long that would be though.

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site
if the PDF doesn't open in S-note what I do is open the file in Adobe Reader, take a screen shot and edit it that way. The editing tools in Adobe Reader are lacking and EzPDF doesn't always export my annotations. Would be a whole lot easier if Samsung would fix the PDF importing though.

Terran2045

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Make sure you have your document saved to your device or sd card. Don't try to import from a third-party source like dropbox. Frist save doc from dropbox then import to s note. This solved my importing problems.
Also, if you are converting from ppt to pdf then make sure you have no links or animations in the ppt. This will allow proper conversion so you can import to s note.

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I import documents from the download folder. I wish the Snote program didn't have this issue because importing and editing PDFs is one the main things I do on my Note 10.1 The screen shot work around is getting the job done for now.

hurs3922

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Same with me. Download pdfs from profs and then import from the download folder to s-note. They open just fine with other programs. The screen shot helps but it is still really annoying because a lot of these lecture notes are 20 pages plus.

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I am having a similar problem, but rather than a blank document, It says importing, and then it just shuts down the S note app and goes back to home screen. Anybody else having the same problem? I am not sure if I am doing something wrong here. The pdf files that I tried are max 5 pages without any pictures- all text and not password protected. And I also can import jpeg files (or part of it at least), just not pdf.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I am having a similar problem, but rather than a blank document, It says importing, and then it just shuts down the S note app and goes back to home screen. Anybody else having the same problem? I am not sure if I am doing something wrong here. The pdf files that I tried are max 5 pages without any pictures- all text and not password protected. And I also can import jpeg files (or part of it at least), just not pdf.
Maybe this will help. Here are the steps to take: open the Snote app but don't pick a note, from the menu say import. A screen will come up saying jpg or pdf. pick pdf. You'll then go to your files and here's where it can be confusing, you do NOT tap on the file name to start the process. If it asks you what app you want to use to open it, hit your back button. You want to tap the little gray circle on the left side of the file you want to import, it will turn green. Then select Done in the upper right corner. You should then get a bar that says importing, then loading and then it should open on your screen ready for whatever you'd like to do. Hope that helps. I know the first few times I tried it, I didn't realize that there was a different place to tap so I was accidentally trying to open a file in the middle of the import process.

potatooo

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys, I exatcly have the same problem, so annoying... It doesn't import it and after it's shutting down S Note... What should we do? :(

potatooo

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I was wondering, do you have a 3G or a wifi?
Today, I went to exchange my tablet for another, but the problem is still the same... I have a 3G one and my friend bought the tablet from the same shop and has a Wifi one and the import of pdf works with her!!! So I guess maybe it's a 3G problem... I have a N8000...
What do you think?

potatooo

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes, you go to setting and the menu on the bottom and you should maybe find some available update or install Kies, do an update and erase the tablet. But in both case, I couldn't have any available update... I think it's about the serie of production and the country. I bought it in England and everybody in France has no problem.

bluzman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Maybe this will help. Here are the steps to take: open the Snote app but don't pick a note, from the menu say import. A screen will come up saying jpg or pdf. pick pdf. You'll then go to your files and here's where it can be confusing, you do NOT tap on the file name to start the process. If it asks you what app you want to use to open it, hit your back button. You want to tap the little gray circle on the left side of the file you want to import, it will turn green. Then select Done in the upper right corner. You should then get a bar that says importing, then loading and then it should open on your screen ready for whatever you'd like to do. Hope that helps. I know the first few times I tried it, I didn't realize that there was a different place to tap so I was accidentally trying to open a file in the middle of the import process.
Just tried this - works perfectly.