Looking for 32 GB model in a local store?

That70sGAdawg

Trusted Member
Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I have been checking Best Buy, HH Gregg, Office Depot etc, for the 32GB Gray model for two weeks without luck. I found 3 yesterday in stock at my local Fry's Electronics in Atlanta. Now that store only has 2 :D. If you need one, and have a local Fry's- check it out !

xeroslash

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Good info. I remember when getting mine at Best Buy they had no 32GB's in stock. The employee told me 'about a week or two' for those to come in.

Wish my local Fry's was closer. I'd shop there all the time. Easier to go to BB unfortunately.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
With expandable storage to 64GB, I didn't think the 32GB would be that popular. Saving 50 bucks on the 16GB model could go for a case.

Loren

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Changing the SSD later to 64 GB or even 128 GB is not to hard with the right tools and care.
I've done that on both on my Windows 7 tablets.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Waiting to install my 64 GB card in my 32 GB Note 10.1 later today when it is delivered by UPS.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Handheld Device

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Changing the SSD later to 64 GB or even 128 GB is not to hard with the right tools and care.
I've done that on both on my Windows 7 tablets.

Really? Awesome! I never heard of anybody doing that. I will be looking forward to a full How-To writeup! I would love to upgrade mine at some point to 128 internal plus my 64gig SD. :D

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
With expandable storage to 64GB, I didn't think the 32GB would be that popular. Saving 50 bucks on the 16GB model could go for a case.

To me, an extra $50 for the extra 16 gig is a bargain. Most other tablets charge $100 to go from a 16 gig model to a 32.

Of course, if I had seen Loren's post about being able to upgrade them later before I bought mine, I might have thought twice about getting the 32.

That's okay, though. With 32 internal + a 64 card, I will feel good about being able to store all my music, a fair number of movies, plus my whole P90X DVD set on my Note, for access when traveling. Maybe even start using it for storing stuff that I would use an external hard drive for now, when lugging my laptop around. Maybe even figure out a way to store and use Garmin mapsets, so I can use it for navigation even in areas where I have no WiFi or cell coverage. Yeah, baby! :D

Oh, and back on-topic.... I got my 32gig at the Frys just down the street (here in Roseville, CA). BB is a little closer for me, too, but they only stock 16 gig models.

zerospace-net

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Oh, and back on-topic.... I got my 32gig at the Frys just down the street (here in Roseville, CA). BB is a little closer for me, too, but they only stock 16 gig models.

I just about did a double take -- guess you're practically in my backyard! I got my 16GB unit at the local Best Buy in Roseville, CA, but yeah, they didn't have the 32s at the time. Fry's didn't have them advertised until Friday, and I just had this gotta-have-it-on-launch-day with the Note, since I'd been waiting most of the year for it. BB also accidentally almost sent me home with a white unit when I asked for a grey... good thing I actually looked at the box!

Loren

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Another Roseville resident...
I got my 32 GB from Amazon - arrived next day with free Prime shipping. Most of the Amazon stuff that is two-day free shipping with Prime gets to me next day.

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
zerospace - it's not too late to return it to BB and go to Frys on Sunrise for a 32...

I'm just sayin'...

;)

Geez, we need to start a local Note Owner's Club.

Either of y'all root yours yet? I installed CWM and rooted mine yesterday. I wanted to be able to do a nandroid backup before any more OTAs come out that might do something I don't like. And be able to do a Titanium Backup of all my apps when my 64gig SD card arrives (supposedly, today).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer