Issues pertaining to note 10.1

holyxiaoxin

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
I just got my note 10.1 yesterday and guess what. I dropped it on the floor even before using it. The screen did not cracked but the casing came out by a bit. I had to use a screwdriver to ply the motherboard into the case. I guess force was so hard that the motherboard came out of the fitted casing. Not a big deal but i guess this beast is able to take a table height fall.

Questions:
1. Snote- when i'm taking a memo, there is a pen icon at the top right. It changes to blue when I tap it. What is it?
2. How do you disable the lockscreen? It's kinda frustrating to keep needing to unlocking the screen every time I try to use my tablet.
3. Which devices does all share cast work with? I have a Samsung monitor at home.
4. Does the tablet support up to 64gb micro sd? Some said it can only go up to 32gb.
5. Can you scroll/pinch with a S pen?
6. Does other apps besides the basic apps, support ,multitasking? Chrome doesn't seem to support split screens.
7. I am a student and I rely heavily on notetaking. Importing pdf files to Snote is terrible. Ezpdf does well, but I prefer Snote's annotation tools. Is there any way to get an app that saves annotation and have annotation tools of S note?

Issues
S pen requires some/very little force to write. Sometimes, the screen can be insensitive to finger touch.

Overall, its the best android i've used. The only thing bothers me is that the OS is a bit sluggish. But when 4.1 jellybeans is released, this would be almost perfect!

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk 2

zerospace-net

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I think I can answer a bunch of those for you...

1. The blue pen is the palm rejection (the tab will only accept pen input).
2. Same way you can disable the lockscreen on any android device. Settings --> Security --> Screen lock: none.
3. Don't know, haven't tried.
4. Yes. Read around a bit to find out how.
5. Never attempted these, I use my hands for these tasks.
6. Only specific included apps support the split screen multitasking, however if you want to use S-note with any app, you can use the mini S-note app (tap the carrot in the middle of the system bar), which will float on top of any other app.
7. I haven't spent any time annotating PDFs, sorry.

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
1) Toggles Pen Only input. \
2) Settings/Security/Screen Security
3) I don't know.
4) Yes.
5) Scroll, yes. Pinch, no.
6) No.
7) Not that I know of. But, you could try iAnnotate PDF, to see if you like that better.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Issues
S pen requires some/very little force to write. Sometimes, the screen can be insensitive to finger touch.

This could be related to your drop. There are 1,024 (or something) points of pressure sensitivity. So you should be able to very lightly touch the S-Pen and write a thin line, or apply some pressure and make a darker, heavier line. Does it do that?

Does the screen swipe and scroll OK when using the S-Pen?

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Another thing to point out, I believe someone was saying that Samsung has mentioned that in the future, the mutitasking will allow for more than just the standard apps to run simultaneously. But for now, what you see is what you get.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Regarding 1. remember that palm recognition toggle, if you use screen shot to cut and paste over to a document by using your finger, you need to have that turned OFF so it will let you slide it over with your finger. Leave it on when using the S pen. If you try to use your finger on any S note function, you may have the palm recognition turned on so it won't register your finger.