Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Book Cover?

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I guess I'm the only one not wanting one too much at the moment.....

~Jae, Tap'n on my White Samsung Galaxy S3 ~

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I guess I'm the only one not wanting one too much at the moment.....

Yeah, well you're one of the lucky ones who managed to get one of the cool white versions! I'm surprised you don't want to keep it nekkid! :D

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, well you're one of the lucky ones who managed to get one of the cool white versions! I'm surprised you don't want to keep it nekkid! :D

I did actually, but it was sorta slippery walking with it...and I have hardwood floors :cool:......My GSS is still nekkid surprisingly!

xeroslash

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
And here I was thinking I'm content with my Belkin case and maybe didn't need an official book cover. It is now a must-have.

DAMN that thing is sexy. :eek:

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Barskin, thanks for posting the pics. How does it feel in your hand with the front cover folded behind? Also does it feel stable as the stand when it's propped up? I like the way it looks and how slim it is.
I had a silicone tpu back cover, but had to return it because it didn't wrap around the front of the Note that much, so waiting for one that feels like the Note is gripped more securely. I need something slim for holding when I'm drawing and holding in one hand.
Last question. How is the Note attached to the case? I see nothing around the corner holding it, like the Belkin tri-fold case. Your pics are much better than the ones I've seen online. The ones online are kind of vague.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Here's mine.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348960445236.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348960445236.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 42
  • uploadfromtaptalk1348960482903.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348960482903.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 39
  • uploadfromtaptalk1348960506165.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348960506165.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 37
  • uploadfromtaptalk1348960542991.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348960542991.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 37

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Barskin, thanks for posting the pics. How does it feel in your hand with the front cover folded behind? Also does it feel stable as the stand when it's propped up? I like the way it looks and how slim it is.
I had a silicone tpu back cover, but had to return it because it didn't wrap around the front of the Note that much, so waiting for one that feels like the Note is gripped more securely. I need something slim for holding when I'm drawing and holding in one hand.
Last question. How is the Note attached to the case? I see nothing around the corner holding it, like the Belkin tri-fold case. Your pics are much better than the ones I've seen online. The ones online are kind of vague.

It really feels great in the hands. Good grip and no feeling of slip at all. IMO, the case also is quite stable when propped up. The tablet is attached to the case by pressing the tablet into the snap grooves at each corner.

In general the case was truly specifically made for this tablet, and the quality, fit, finish, and professional look is very evident.

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
It really feels great in the hands. Good grip and no feeling of slip at all. IMO, the case also is quite stable when propped up. The tablet is attached to the case by pressing the tablet into the snap grooves at each corner.

In general the case was truly specifically made for this tablet, and the quality, fit, finish, and professional look is very evident.

Thanks for taking over for me, DAS. Good description. I love the sleek, ultra slim profile it gives my Note and the fact that it has a perfect color match, Now, that 50 bucks (plus shipping) price from Samsung is bad (and look at those through the roof prices on it on ebay). Luckily, I had the people on this board to point me to ShopBLT.

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
And here I was thinking I'm content with my Belkin case and maybe didn't need an official book cover. It is now a must-have.

DAMN that thing is sexy. :eek:

Thanks, but of course Marilyn helps with the sexiness factor!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 using Tapatalk 2

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
the case also is quite stable when propped up.

This is what I have been wondering about. It looks like if you set it on any kind of surface that is at all slippery, it would just slide down and fall flat. What keeps it from doing that?

I don't know why I'm bothering to ask. I'll finally be home from this 2 week business trip tomorrow, where my Samsung cover is waiting on me, and I'll be able to see for myself! :D

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
This is what I have been wondering about. It looks like if you set it on any kind of surface that is at all slippery, it would just slide down and fall flat. What keeps it from doing that?

I don't know why I'm bothering to ask. I'll finally be home from this 2 week business trip tomorrow, where my Samsung cover is waiting on me, and I'll be able to see for myself! :D

StuartV: You can't see them in the photos, but there are little rubber feet underneath to keep the case secure on a surface. This is my third book cover case from Samsung. I had one when I owned the original Tab 10.1, and the Tab 7.0. There are other cases that do a good job, but the OEM case works the best in my opinion.

The only downside to this case is that there is no camera opening. But to be honest with you I have never used my tablet to take pictures, but for some that may be an issue. Of course, one could make the cut out yourself.

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
That's kind of sucky that there's no camera opening. I don't go around taking pictures with my tablet. But, I do occasionally take one so I can clip part of it into a note or email or something like that.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
That's kind of sucky that there's no camera opening. I don't go around taking pictures with my tablet. But, I do occasionally take one so I can clip part of it into a note or email or something like that.

What I do is take pictures with my Gs3 or Note 5.3 (soon to be Note II), and then transfer the pictures to the Note 10.1 via wifi direct. It takes less than 30 secs, and is very efficient.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, that might be a deal breaker for me. I use the Note to take pics of business cards for one of my apps, so if no camera opening, I might decide not to get it. I agree, you can use the phone and transfer over, but a lot more steps. Plus I'm still waiting for a good Silicone TPU cover to come out. There is one I saw by Amzer on Amazon which they list on XDA developers site, but it costs almost twenty bucks. I'll wait for a review before I purchase that one, because the last one didn't cover my Note too good around the edges.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm