Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Book Cover?

tommyschw

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Any word on when Samsung is going to release the Book Cover for the Galaxy Note 10.1? I find it pretty strange that they released a product with 0 accessories.

zerospace-net

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I wish I knew (though I'm happy with the Belkin case that I did get). I'd imagine this book cover case will be out before the keyboard dock (the one official accessory I really want!)

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I had the Belkin Tri-fold case for the last week or so. Returned it today when my Exact case arrived.

Leather Folio Stand Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Inch Tablet in Black | eBay

$13, shipped.

So far, I can see no reason to prefer the Belkin case. The Exact case has a hole so I can charge it with the cover closed.

It has a magnetic closure, instead of the Belkin elastic strap. I know people have posted about the Note (phone) having issues with magnetic cover closures, but I don't see any problem with it on the Note 10.1. The magnets are in the very corners of the cover. Pretty well away from being on top of the digitizer.

It has an elastic loop to hold a stylus. It gives access to the stock stylus holder, but I will admit it's not as easy to get the stylus out as it was on the Belkin Tri-fold.

It seems to be just slightly less bulky than the Belkin.

And did I mention it was only $13, with free shipping?

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Nice case. I may return my Belkin for it. Can you prop it up for typing like the Belkin?

I like that I could charge it with the cover closed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I had the Belkin Tri-fold case for the last week or so. Returned it today when my Exact case arrived.

Leather Folio Stand Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Inch Tablet in Black | eBay

$13, shipped.

So far, I can see no reason to prefer the Belkin case. The Exact case has a hole so I can charge it with the cover closed.

It has a magnetic closure, instead of the Belkin elastic strap. I know people have posted about the Note (phone) having issues with magnetic cover closures, but I don't see any problem with it on the Note 10.1. The magnets are in the very corners of the cover. Pretty well away from being on top of the digitizer.

It has an elastic loop to hold a stylus. It gives access to the stock stylus holder, but I will admit it's not as easy to get the stylus out as it was on the Belkin Tri-fold.

It seems to be just slightly less bulky than the Belkin.

And did I mention it was only $13, with free shipping?

Excellent case! I ordered the exact same case, in black, and it arrived today. I will return my temporary case to Best Buy tomorrow. For $12.99 shipped you can't beat it. :)

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

xeroslash

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Wow. The pockets for SD cards might have sold me... But that stylus holder (which I wouldn't use) and the flap in the back being constantly bent out would bug me way too much I think.

But damn, that price is attractive....

Edit: Actually, as I look at the pictures I'm noticing the entire tablet is encased and it doesn't seem to center very well. Another red flag for me, but GEEZ that PRICE! Maybe a placeholder until the Samsung cover makes its debut.

Decisions, decisions....

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Wow. The pockets for SD cards might have sold me... But that stylus holder (which I wouldn't use) and the flap in the back being constantly bent out would bug me way too much I think.

But damn, that price is attractive....

Edit: Actually, as I look at the pictures I'm noticing the entire tablet is encased and it doesn't seem to center very well. Another red flag for me, but GEEZ that PRICE! Maybe a placeholder until the Samsung cover makes its debut.

Decisions, decisions....

It really is a good case, and with my experience using it I can confirm that the tablet actually does center very well. However, like you, I intend on getting the official book cover case because my priority is to maintain the thin profile of the device. This is a "placeholder" for now, and for the price it does an incredible job.

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Mine seems to center just fine, too. I do wish that it had full cut outs over the speakers, instead of just the little holes, but in reality, I almost always have my volume turned off and when I watch a movie or something I use headphones, so the speaker holes really don't matter to me.

Also, the tab on the back doesn't stick out when I'm not using it. And the elastic pen holder doesn't get in the way. Of course, if you're not going to use the pen holder, you could just cut it off....

I, also, would prefer a slimmer profile case. But, it looks like the Samsung one is going to have a clip or hard flap or something to hold it closed, which would be in the way when you fold it back and want to lay the tablet flat with the cover folded underneath. If that's really how it works, that is a definite dealbreaker for me.

And, as you say, in the meantime, $13 is a no-brainer. :D

peterallen

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I went to Samsung site to see about availability and now they are Showing two Companies having them. One say preorder and the other says in stock, for me it show CDW as in stock. when I go to their site it says call. They have a great price and so I ordered it. will see what happens.

Here is a Link:

Samsung
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...cessories%2FEFC-1G2NGECXAR-buy&token=9tVnZ00V

CDW
https://www.cdw.com/shop/products/SAM-BOOK-COVER-F-GALAXY-NOTE-10.1/2814534.aspx?ContractID=0

(Typed with my S-Pen)

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I went to Samsung site to see about availability and now they are Showing two Companies having them. One say preorder and the other says in stock, for me it show CDW as in stock. when I go to their site it says call. They have a great price and so I ordered it. will see what happens.

Here is a Link:

Samsung
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...cessories%2FEFC-1G2NGECXAR-buy&token=S2YrkXZ5

CDW
https://www.cdw.com/shop/products/SAM-BOOK-COVER-F-GALAXY-NOTE-10.1/2814534.aspx?ContractID=0

(Typed with my S-Pen)

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

I saw the same thing and I called this past Tuesday. I agree their price was very good, but the rep (Julie) I spoke with said the book cover case was on backorder and would not be in the warehouse until mid September? I hope she was wrong and you get yours soon. Please let us know. I have been waiting on this case. I ordered a nice one off Ebay, but it's only temporary until the official one is available.

kingnothing

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I have the Belkin case from BB and for the most part, it is pretty nice. I did, however, order the book cover from CDW. Here's to hoping that it won't take a month to arrive.

will25u

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Newegg also has it in stock as well as Frys. I I will be returning mine because I hate the fact that there is nothing to hold the front cover closed so it's just flopping around.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I got email from ShopBLT this morning that mine is shipping today.

I had canceled my order on this and then re-instated it.

I canceled it because, like will25u said, there is nothing to hold it closed and that is annoying. Plus, apparently, it does not have anything for turning the screen on/off automatically. So, I felt like it wouldn't do anything for me that my Exact cover doesn't already do - which was a lot lesss expensive - and I already have.

But, I saw some even better pics of the Samsun cover and re-instated my order for 2 reasons:

- The Samsung cover is the only one I have seen that puts the cover hinge on the side of the power buttons. That means that, when you hold the tablet in Landscape mode (which is my norm), the cover will flip over to the back from the top. My current cover is the opposite and it's a bit annoying having the cover flopping around at the bottom when I'm using the tablet. And it means that the dock connector is accessible even when the cover is closed. A lot of covers have a hole to access the dock connector, but some don't.
- The Samsung cover just holds the tablet by the corners. This means that I should be able to put it on my charging dock to charge, with the cover on. I cannot do that with my current one. Of course, this whole issue is compounded by where the cover hinge is. The Samsung's hinge being on top when its sitting on the charging dock totally helps for being able to put it on the charger with the cover on.

- - - Updated - - -

ps. Being $32, total, from ShopBLT didn't hurt, either. :D

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
@StuartV - Are you currently using the Belkin tri-fold case? That's the one I have and I can't stand the face that it goes in upside down. I hate having to have it sitting there with the cover open just to charge it. Seems like they could have put a cutout in the case where the power connector is.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
- The Samsung cover is the only one I have seen that puts the cover hinge on the side of the power buttons. That means that, when you hold the tablet in Landscape mode (which is my norm), the cover will flip over to the back from the top. My current cover is the opposite and it's a bit annoying having the cover flopping around at the bottom when I'm using the tablet. And it means that the dock connector is accessible even when the cover is closed. A lot of covers have a hole to access the dock connector, but some don't.

For this reason Only, I may consider paying the high price for the Samsung Cover. I like that it looks a lot like the Smart cover I had On my New IPad, but it doesn't function with the putting the Noet to sleep. I also don't like the flimsy way it looks to use it as a landscape view stand. I do like how slim it is and you can just fold it back over the back and should be easy to hold. I really wish someone here in the States would make a TPU Back Cover for it. Just like having something to hold it with without another flap on back you have to grip. They have so many available on Ebay, but only Asian manufacturers. I'd like to have something easy to hold when I'm in my recliner playing with it or reading.

My Moko Slim Cover Case is working good and the Note is well protected, all the ports and Pen are easy to access. I don't like that it only works good when it's upright in the landscape mode and not that firm when you lay it down to type on it, with the back cover inserted under the tab. Sometimes it slips out. I think I like it better though, than the ones the slide forward into grooves or notches. Feels more secure on mine when I type on it. I just found out today that my Arkon Stand I got for my Ipad on Amazon works great even with the Moko case in it and cover folded behind it. I recommend this stand for anyone who wants a stand for the Note, even if has a cover on it. Just in case your cover isn't secure when using it. The arkon stand is adjustable and folds up really small.

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
@StuartV - Are you currently using the Belkin tri-fold case? That's the one I have and I can't stand the face that it goes in upside down. I hate having to have it sitting there with the cover open just to charge it. Seems like they could have put a cutout in the case where the power connector is.

I had the Belkin Tri-fold first. Then I got this one:

It, at least, has a cutout so you can charge it with the cover closed. In general, it may not seem quite as nice quality as the Belkin, but overall, I like the features better - including having magnets to hold it closed, instead of that elastic strap. And, for $13, delivered, compared to $40+tax, it was a no-brainer to me.

When my Samsung cover arrives, assuming I like it and decide to use it, I won't feel bad at all about junking this $13 cover like I would if I still had the Belkin.

- - - Updated - - -

For this reason Only, I may consider paying the high price for the Samsung Cover.

$32, with shipping, from ShopBLT isn't that bad.

I agree that it looks very sketchy for propping up in landscape. But, I rarely use it like that. I am normally holding it. So, hopefully that won't be too much of an annoyance. And I also got the Arkon stand, which I can use for at least some of the times I want to hold it in landscape. E.g. on an airplane tray table.

I also got the Revive charging dock, which I think will also work well for many occasions where I want to have it propped up in Landscape mode.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
StuartV, Could you possibly put a link to the page on ShopBLT with the Samsung Cover. I tried searching for it and nothing comes up. Thanks.

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
The covers are in stock on the Samsung website. $49.99. Pretty steep, but they must be thinner and easier to work with than the Belkin TriFold. It just makes the Note too big. I know that Samsung is releasing an even thinner folio case, but who knows when that will be. I just ordered two of them. I will let everyone know how they work or don't work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay