Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Book Cover?

Bulldog1377

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Good points but there are times when I dont want the case on, Especially when I have it in the dock.

But you are correct, I Could have bought 10 of them for price of what I have now. It all comes down to preference, how you use it and how much You want to spend.:D

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

CoreRWH

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the tips and advice. I decided to bit the bullet and went with this bad boy:

Amazon.com: Red Anymode Rotating Leather Case Stand For Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000: Everything Else

For the price I thought I would give it a shot and like J HighNote pointed out for the price I can buy something else if I'm not happy with it. However, its coming from the UK to the USA and so it wont be here until the first part of January. I'll try to remember to post a review when I get it if anyone is interested.

I did get this TPU case for the time being until the other one comes.

Amazon.com: Fosmon DURA Series Flexible TPU Skin Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet - Black: Computers & Accessories

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site

I originally got that TPU case, because it was so Cheap. I ended up returning it though, mainly because it doesn't really cover the front of the Note too well. If you look at the pictures of the front of the Note on Amazon, You can see the silver around the Screen. When I would hold the tablet my fingers would peel the sides of the TPU case away, because it barely covered over the sides of the edges. If all you want is protection for the back, then it's fine. I found it flimsy and didn't like that the Bezel around the Screen wasn't covered. I did spend some money and got this one also on Amazon and was recommended on the XDA site for some of the recommended accessories for the Note tablet:
Amazon.com: Amzer AMZ94661 Soft Silicone Jelly Skin Fit Case Cover for 10.1-Inch Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N8000/GT-N8013 - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Black: Computers & Accessories
It's more money, but I use this TPU case every day, because I'm on my Note a lot and draw. So wanted something thin to protect it and easy to hold. If you look at the pics of this TPU case the whole bezel of the Tablet is covered and so front and back are covered all except the screen. Has all the cutouts, even for the speakers and I feel worth the extra money for the protection and still slimmer than having a folio case.

CoreRWH

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Thats a nice case! Do you have a link where you can get some pics and a price? I looked on the website the video showed but didn't find this case.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Thats a nice case! Do you have a link where you can get some pics and a price? I looked on the website the video showed but didn't find this case.

I found it Here.

This is for the Galaxy Tab10.1. But you still have access to the S-Pen. I am still search for others.

These are from the Their Facebook Page

14624_473123306071918_1112027266_n.jpg

64687_473123319405250_205453804_n.jpg

543797_473123342738581_1797452334_n.jpg

300741_229366733780911_3642532_n.jpg

313941_229367480447503_22292_n.jpg

Last edited:

wgraz

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I like the looks of the Capdase Folio Dot, but it's hard to tell how practical it is. I don't like that the tablet is upside down in typing mode. But it's good for charging in that mode I guess.

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Ha ha! Yeah, I don't think it's a dealbreaker. But, I'm actually still contemplating how much I might still use my Exact case that I got when I first got the Note. It gives way more protection. And will prop the Note up at 2 different angles - reliably. :) We'll see. In reality, I'll probably just leave it in the Samsung cover. After an evening and a morning more with it, I *really* like how thin it is and how the whole tablet feels in my hand with it on. And I like that the cover hinges on the top, when in Portrait mode, instead of the bottom like the Exact case (and all the other cases I've seen).

I have now confirmed that it does fit in my charging dock with the Samsung cover on. Sweet!

IMAG0474.jpg

IMAG0476.jpg

I'll post a separate thread about the dock, with more pics.

I'm still totally digging my Samsung Notebook Cover, which I got here for $33, with shipping.

ShopBLT.com: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1in Book Cover Gray

I really like that I can charge it with the cover on, open or closed.

And, though it doesn't stand reliably on my glass desktop, it has done just fine on several different airplane tray tables now, for watching an inflight movie.

I also like that I can plug my headphones in with the cover closed and then open and close the cover without removing the headphone plug. It just slips through the cutout that's provided for that purpose.

Also, it has some kind of magnets build into the cover that hold it closed, they hold it open, and, I learned, there are magnets in the middle of the back so you can fold the cover around and position the flap in the middle of the back to prop the tablet up at a a low angle, versus being almost vertical. In other words, you can use the cover to prop it up in just off vertical or just above horizontal - just like most other covers. Except this one does it purely with magnets, so it does not have the bulk of those other covers that use flaps and/or notches.

I LOVE how thin and light my tablet is with this cover on.

wgraz

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Stuart, How do you like the typing position/angle with your Notebook Cover? How secure is it when typing? Does it bounce at all? I'm looking for a case that is comfortable and at a low enough angle for typing. . All of those leather type cases with the hook fastener don't look like they are angled low enough for typing. Thanks

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Stuart, it looks like you've found the perfect cover for you. Please let us know if you still love it after a few months of breaking it in.

Simplifly

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Stuart, How do you like the typing position/angle with your Notebook Cover? How secure is it when typing? Does it bounce at all? I'm looking for a case that is comfortable and at a low enough angle for typing. . All of those leather type cases with the hook fastener don't look like they are angled low enough for typing. Thanks

You'll like this style cover. It has a magnetic latch flap and sits flat or just slightly angled.

zwkvh4.jpg

These are really slim and light too.

Last edited:

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site

Well, I'm sitting here at Taco Bell enjoying some of the greatest food invention of the 21st Century (the Dorito Taco) and typing my response to you on my Note. I think the typing angle is just fine, and it's not bouncing at all. Seems very solid. I've had the case for a couple of months now, but I don't usually type this way. Usually, when I'm typing, I'm holding my Note and thumb-typing.

Hope that helps.

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
You'll like this style cover. It has a magnetic latch flap and sits flat or just slightly angled.

New Original Factory Samsung Galaxy Note 10 1 Tab Case Cover N8000 Tablet | eBay

These are really slim and light too.

I chose not to get that cover for 2 reasons. One, I don't like that flap. It seems like it would add bulk and/or be in the way when I'm holding the tablet with the cover folded around to the back. Certainly, more so than the other Samsung cover (the one I have). And two, I REALLY prefer having the hinge on the top instead of the bottom. The hinge on the top is way nicer when the tablet is in any kind of holder.

Simplifly

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
What is the best rotating cover that can be set in portrait and landscape, plus set on a variety of angles for viewing? Also, do any of the rotating covers have a pen holder?

Simplifly

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have experience or thoughts about this case?
COFFEE BROWN ANYMODE ROTATING LEATHER CASE FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 10.1 N8000 | eBay

Does anyone wish they had 360 rotation with their case? I get my GNote next week! Stoked!

Yes! Preferably with keyboard too. That case looks to be quality made in the pictures and very thin, but I don't see any angle set stops on that thin inside cover to hold it in place at different angles. May not be needed (?).

CoreRWH - After I read futher I see you ordered one. Please let us know how well it holds its' angle settings when you get it. Thx.

Last edited: