Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Book Cover?

CoreRWH

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes! Preferably with keyboard too. That case looks to be quality made in the pictures and very thin, but I don't see any angle set stops on that thin inside cover to hold it in place at different angles. May not be needed (?).

CoreRWH - After I read futher I see you ordered one. Please let us know how well it holds its' angle settings when you get it. Thx.

Simplifly, it doesn't have any grooved angle set stops in the thin inside cover but there are velcro grips that help keep it in place. At least that is what I've read and seen in the pictures. I should be getting it the first part of Jan and will give a first impression review.

Simplifly

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
This is the purple leather case I ordered off Amazon. The poetic case. You can use it in the vertical or horizontal position and also has a stylus pen holder, also 3 year warranty.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Smooches -

Now that you've had this case for about 3 months, how do you like it? Any issues or concerns?

I'm looking at the red racing stripe and black Poetic Durabook model for the SGN 10.1. Very reasonably priced on eBay. They appear to have a pen stylus loop on one side, plus landscape, portrait and encased tablet only mode. Looks very versatile.

wgraz

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
You'll like this style cover. It has a magnetic latch flap and sits flat or just slightly angled.

New Original Factory Samsung Galaxy Note 10 1 Tab Case Cover N8000 Tablet | eBay

These are really slim and light too.

Yes. I would like that one, but where do I buy it? I really don't want to buy from Ebay anymore. I have received the wrong case TWICE from two different overseas vendors, where the flap does not cover the camera and the cases isreversed in design. Their product photos do not represent the cases correctly.

Simplifly

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I would like that one, but where do I buy it? I really don't want to buy from Ebay anymore. I have received the wrong case TWICE from two different overseas vendors, where the flap does not cover the camera and the cases isreversed in design. Their product photos do not represent the cases correctly.

Hmmm... Never had that problem on eBay myself, but have received the complete wrong product and/or wrong version/model on Amazon several times. So much so that I avoid Amazon as much as I can (not really an issue because they are not usually price competetive anyway). Sorry to hear you've had some negative experiences as well.

It is available on eBay from the vendor I listed and others. Don't know of any non-eBay sources currently. Sorry.

wgraz

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
The OEM Samsung cover from China arrived after only 12 days from purchase. It is basically just what i thought it would be, a nice compact cover with flap that turns out to be magnetic. Here's a few pictures:

http://i48.tinypic.com/2nrfs6q.jpg http://i49.tinypic.com/x22otl.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/10qx6bp.jpg http://i45.tinypic.com/261cge8.jpg

The tablet can be installed with the hinge at the top or bottom, but there is only a cutout for the stylus when you install it with the hinge at the bottom. It is very compact and thin. The one negative is that it doesn't really prop up the tablet at much of an angle when folded open. You can put the flap straight down with the edge on the surface it's on and get about 2.5" of height at the top. All and all it's a very nice cover for my needs of protecting the tablet and screen while stored in my zippered At-A-Glance planner.

Simplifly, Did you sell your case already after only one week? The below link is your ad. I can tell by the personal photo. Did it work OK for you? What was wrong with it?

New OEM Original Factory Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tab Case Cover N8000 Tablet

Simplifly

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Simplifly, Did you sell your case already after only one week? The below link is your ad. I can tell by the personal photo. Did it work OK for you? What was wrong with it?

Actually I sold my OEM Samsung case without ever using it, because even before it arrived I knew I would not be happy without a keyboard for home use from playing with my new SGN 10.1. That OEM Samsung was GREAT for what it is, a very slim and light weight protective case; exactly what you'd expect from Samsung. What I personally didn't like was the lack of viewing positions, so I just flipped it new. I ordered a Samsung Hong Kong OEM Keyboard Dock, but it turned out they were out of stock, so I got a refund on that unsuccessful transaction. Then I began my never ending search for a BT Keyboard Case or rotating portrait/landscape case...

I just returned from Best-waste of time-Buy in hopes of handling a Kensington BT Keyboard Case just to get a feel for the keyboard and quality of the product. I know BB doesn't have the Android Keyfolio Expert which is what I'm thinking about getting next, but they do carry the other iPad products on their website and the universal cases. They didn't have a single Kensington product in the store!

I see the Android Keyfolio Expert is sold out almost everywhere at the low price point. My frustration level is growing and growing to the point I think I'm going to P-O-P! I mean, &*%#$! Why can't Samsung get their act together and get some OEM Keyboard Docks out there? That is what I will eventual get and I'm losing faith. The Expert gives me naked to naked swapping from the dock to the mobile keyboard case, so that is a big plus. On the otherhand, the Poetic Dura Book Leather Case is really nice with its' mutliple positioning, pullout covered tablet only option and slide-in casing that doesn't have corners to deal with. I'm torn between the Kensington Folio Expert Keyboard Case and the Poetic Dura Book Leather Case to compliment the OEM Samsung Keyboard Dock if it ever gets to the USA or Hong Kong. Sigh...

Now I'm waiting for the funds from the ebay auction sale to make my next purchase, because ebay has implemented a new "hold" policy on funds for sales on some items and new users until the product is delivered. So more frustration! Double sigh...

What should be a simple purchase is wearing me out.

On a side note, I did get to play with the Targus Versavu Rotating BT Keyboard Case for iPad. That is very nice, but nothing for SGN 10.1 coming from them after talking with Targus the other day. Triple sigh...

All I can do is laugh at this point. Trying to get into the Xmas spirit to cheer myself up, but not having any luck.

Noirnails

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Hiya's, first post here, but wanted to chime in on the OEM book case. I was ready to return it today but thanks to this forum I found the magnets and now I'm sold (you'd think a simple diagram indicating their existence wouldn't be out of the question). Typing angle is very solid and you just cannot get a lower profile case with better feel. I'm coming from iPad and the whirlwind of cases over there, and this one beats every one I ever had. Thanks for the info guys!

Rockdog97

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I got the book cover a week Jr so ago and like it, but what I don't like is that when the cover is folded back the camera is pretty useless. I am also worried that with time the cover portion where it hinges will weakin and crack. Other than that I love it.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I found another Case for the GN10.1.

36484.jpg

b.jpg

d.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members