WatchESPN Trouble

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site
One of the things I was most looking forward to was watching college football on my 10.1 note. But WatchESPN is proving to be difficult. The app plays commercials at the proper zoom (albeit extremely pixelated) but when the game broadcast resumes the screen is zoomed in so that only a portion of the broadcast is viewable. The stock browser redirects me to the app and chrome keeps asking me to install flash, which I've done. Any ideas?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
One of the things I was most looking forward to was watching college football on my 10.1 note. But WatchESPN is proving to be difficult. The app plays commercials at the proper zoom (albeit extremely pixelated) but when the game broadcast resumes the screen is zoomed in so that only a portion of the broadcast is viewable. The stock browser redirects me to the app and chrome keeps asking me to install flash, which I've done. Any ideas?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Try Firefox. On my phone, whenever Chrome wouldn't play video, I'd copy and paste the web address into Firefox and it would play fine. I finally stopped using Chrome altogether.

phamann

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Would also love to be able to use the ESPN app but the buttons for the games Iwant to watch seems to be dead (dont actually link to anything). In one month I lost my beloved La Liga coverage and now I can't even watch the World Cup games :-(

ttkk1

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue with the screen being blown out and showing only the top left 1/4 of picture. Works fine on my galaxy s3. From what I have found other tablets are having the same issues. I contacted the devloper a couple of weeks back and actually recieved an email from one of them asking for details I provided them and I got a reply thanking me and that they were working on a fix.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

radytorres

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, I contacted ESPN and obviously got no where. They recommended the ol' remove/install which didn't work. However, it got me thinking and...long story short I took the APK from my Galaxy S2 and sideloaded it into my Note 10.1 and guess what...it worked! No more zoomed problems. So with that said, you can either use Antek App manager to email it to your note or download it from here. I uploaded it so that others can use it.

I'd like to know if it works for you also!

-R

Link to APK on wikisend: Wikisend: free file sharing service

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys, I contacted ESPN and obviously got no where. They recommended the ol' remove/install which didn't work. However, it got me thinking and...long story short I took the APK from my Galaxy S2 and sideloaded it into my Note 10.1 and guess what...it worked! No more zoomed problems. So with that said, you can either use Antek App manager to email it to your note or download it from here. I uploaded it so that others can use it.

Extremely loud thank you. My only complaint is that I didn't have this fix several months ago for use during football season. Thanks again.
I'd like to know if it works for you also!

-R

Link to APK on wikisend: Wikisend: free file sharing service

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon