Dark grey Samsung galaxy note 10.1

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I've got a lot of apps too but nowhere near the amount that would fill up the internal memory. Besides, over the course of ownership I probably get rid of more apps than I use. I only use internal storage for apps.

As far as my sd card, I've got 6 movies on it and a lot of pics and music. No way I'd put my entire music collection on it cause at any given time I wouldn't be able to listen to them all at once. Heck, even if I'm on a plane, I can barely get thru 2 movies cause sleep is bound to kick in.

My phone & tablets have 32GB cards and I find that more than enough storage. These posts just got to show how differently people manage storage space. :D

Tap'n from my White SGT2 7.0 SE

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I've got a lot of apps too but nowhere near the amount that would fill up the internal memory. Besides, over the course of ownership I probably get rid of more apps than I use. I only use internal storage for apps.

As far as my sd card, I've got 6 movies on it and a lot of pics and music. No way I'd put my entire music collection on it cause at any given time I wouldn't be able to listen to them all at once. Heck, even if I'm on a plane, I can barely get thru 2 movies cause sleep is bound to kick in.

My phone & tablets have 32GB cards and I find that more than enough storage. These posts just got to show how differently people manage storage space. :D

If you can assist me in knowing how to move my pictures to my sd card I would be happy and far as apps I have 3gb memory right now.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
If you can assist me in knowing how to move my pictures to my sd card I would be happy and far as apps I have 3gb memory right now.

In my camera settings there's an option to use internal or sd. Change it to sd.
For any pics in internal, use a file explorer (I used Root Explorer) to move them to your sd card.

Hope that helps you.

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
In my camera settings there's an option to use internal or sd. Change it to sd.
For any pics in internal, use a file explorer (I used Root Explorer) to move them to your sd card.

Hope that helps you.

Thank you so much for this info will definitely do that.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I wish the white came in 32 GB cause it's always nice to have the extra space if it's available. But, I preferred the white and thought the gray just looked like the cheap old phones that used to be in production back in the 90's. Since then, I actually love the look of the gray. But I still prefer the white and am happy with my choice. SD Cards are always readily available so worst case scenario I pick up an extra. But I don't see myself filling the 64GB SD Card.

ipso facto

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
My friends keep telling me I'm crazy to want a tablet with 32GB of memory because over the life of the tablet I'll probably only use about 1/4 of internal memory. Everything else will be on my 32 gig SD card

This might've been true with phones, but not so much any longer with tablets - especially if using apps optimized for tablets. And double especially with some of the newer, better games. Many apps and games are over 1 gig now. With a 16 gig HD, and the OS taking up 4-5 gigs, you'll run out of room very soon.

I had a 32G and within a week, I already had 11 gigs used - and I had NO pics or movies on mine. All apps and games.

I also play playstation and nintendo games on mine and had about 9-10 installed and those alone took up about 3.5 gigs.

Also: You can't put apps on an external drive anymore. So once you run out, that's it for apps and games unless you play the install/remove game - where you have to delete something everytime you want to install a new app..

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
This might've been true with phones, but not so much any longer with tablets - especially if using apps optimized for tablets. And double especially with some of the newer, better games. Many apps and games are over 1 gig now. With a 16 gig HD, and the OS taking up 4-5 gigs, you'll run out of room very soon.

I had a 32G and within a week, I already had 11 gigs used - and I had NO pics or movies on mine. All apps and games.

I also play playstation and nintendo games on mine and had about 9-10 installed and those alone took up about 3.5 gigs.

Also: You can't put apps on an external drive anymore. So once you run out, that's it for apps and games unless you play the install/remove game - where you have to delete something everytime you want to install a new app..

I'm not big on games. That said, I'm not a gamer by any stretch of the imagination. On my tablet the most extensive games I have is Words with Friends and Dream Heights; same as on my phone. I mainly do forums, FB, Netflix and HBO Go. 16GB with a 32GB card is more than enough for me. I don't put media of any kind in internal storage.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Depending on use the space can go fast. I use the cloud for my music so freed up alot of space on my gs2. Ordered mine today from Walmart. There insurance is what did it for me. 70 bucks compared to 170 at bestbuy. The 32 was the only one available. would have been fine with the 16 since it will be more for my wife and she will be using it for pictures and editing and that will be on the sd card to be able to transfer them over to the computer. I can't wait for the NOTE2 that will be the phone i get. The white is nice and ill get that on the gs3 for wifey. Been waitting to be able to get this, just have to wait alittle bit more.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad