No palm rejection for Autodesk SketchBook Pro?

phamann

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Seriously? I can't find any way in settings at least, to turn on palm rejection. It renders scetcbook practically useless for me.

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
AFAIK, the app has to be specially coded to accept Pen Only input.

Which brings up an interesting point. It seems like Samsung would have an option in Settings to enable Pen Only input at the OS level. Then you could use ANY app with the stylus and be assured of 100% complete palm rejection.

kelvinkindchow

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it is possible for an ipad app to completely get rid of the palm rejection problem.

Afterall, the device is built to take input directly from hand.

You may want to try stylus handpad. See link below:

anicelydone.com

It's quite comfortable to wear, and a much easier to put on compare to glove.
Stylus Handpad.jpg

phamann

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
The bundled S note app has palm rejection. I will check out that prosthetic zombie paw ( not knock, just feeling cheeky).
You cant turn it off insettings ( at least not that Ive found).
Thanks!

kiotu

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
In my case, I think the palm rejection works just fine both in S note and sketch pro (and in other s-pen apps recommended by samsung). Just try and test it this way: set the "air view" on, and when the display captures the hovering point of your s-pen then the palm rejection works. So when you draw you shouldn't pull away the pen too far from the display (the hovering point must be detected) and you can move your palm freely on the display without being registered as drawing movement or pan/zoom gesture.