Video Player Help

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I was just playing a video on the native video player on my note when I tried to stop the video or get the controls up, nothing would happen. It had a picture of a Lock on the top right hand side of the video. So I'm guessing the video controls were locked. I have no idea what I touched, but i had to wait until the video was done playing for me to get out of the app and use controls. I noticed when I touched the volume rocker on the top of the Note, the controls would come up, but still would see the lock on the top right side and couldn't do anything with the controls. Anybody know how this happened or how to disable the lock feature? I tried looking for settings in the Video player, but found nothing.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok, figured it out. I guess I hit the Power button and that locks the video player controls. Just have to hit it again to unlock it. Never knew that. I have to say, that's probably the only thing I don't like about the design of the Note. I find myself hitting the power button a lot when reaching for the Volume. Not a big deal, just didn't know that it would do that to the video player.

holyxiaoxin

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Im guessing this is the first time you're using a smart device. All of them locks the screen when you hit the power button. I never had this problem. I guess you just have to look at which button you're pressing before hitting it. After awhile, ehen you start to get use to the buttons, you won't hit it accidently anymore:)

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk 2

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Actually No, I've had two smartphones and never had that happen. To be fair though the Volume and the Power Button are pretty close on the top of the Note, so never really happened to me before. My droid X I didn't have this problem. My samsung Galaxy S3 I sometimes hit both the volume and Power buttons at the same time, but usually only to turn off the phone. Guess I just have to get use to the buttons on this device, like you said. At least I know how to disable it now, if it happens again. lol

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Understandable Andy. I've got several tablets and ONLY discovered this last night. I saw the lock icon and had no idea what I did to get it there. I figured since all I was doing was increasing volume (volume didn't go up) I must have hit the power button.

Tap'n from my White SGT2 7.0 SE

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma