Galaxy Note 10.1: Can you connect to Internet via Bluetooth (Phone-to-Note)?

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I have been trying to figure this out since I saw the option in Bluetooth to use my Nexus for internet access under the profiles section...Cannot figure out how to make this work to use my nexus net on my Note. Yea I am working on 48hrs owning this thing and figured I would ask the question since I started digging into this thing. I don't know if this is something i have to configure Note side or Nexus side or BOTH rofl!!! If anyone has any knowledge on this that would be a load of help. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

rich.v

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can you connect to internet via Bluetooth (Phone-to-Note)?

I'm not exactly sure on you device but on mine when I click portable hotspot and tethering it has the option on the bottom to use you Bluetooth to connect

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site

BAH! figured it out, its phone side and requires subscription....thank you verizon. :mad:

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

BAH! figured it out, its phone side and requires subscription....thank you verizon. :mad:
Well, every carrier charges you for the mobile hotspot option in some way. On AT&T, I pay for the 5 gig a month data plan so my Galaxy S3 can be one, and, believe you me, I do not need anything like 5 gigs, since I have so much access to wifi (home and office). But I pony up so I can connect all my devices if I am out in the netherworld.

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site

When my USB adapter arrives tomorrow I may try the USB tether. Only way I see wireless working is if I root/rom and I'm not that phone savvy yet

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site

Rooted phone + VZW Unlimited Data + WiFi Tether (Android app) = THW (Total Hotspot Win!)

THW + GN10 = Awesome Internet Access Everywhere!!

:D

HeyBeerManTX

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site

I use Foxfi to tether to my Sprint SIII.....only works using Bluetooth right now though.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site

HAHAHA it worked!. only had to have it on phone side. Tablet picked up the hotspot and was able to connect via stock wifi connection. Thanks! Because I have a GNEX with ICS the program let me use WIFI vs. Bluetooth. Don't need it on tab. Now I can fully utilize this thing at work now.

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site

pay for or free. would suck to pay for app twice LOL

---------- Post Merged at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:09 PM ----------

HAHAHA it worked!. only had to have it on phone side. Tablet picked up the hotspot and was able to connect via stock wifi connection. Thanks!

Your welcome and I'm glad it worked for you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Your welcome and I'm glad it worked for you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
Zach, I haven't tried creating a hot spot so this could be a real novice question, but are you saying I could put FoxFi on my Note PHONE/AT&T NOT unlimited data, and it would act as wifi for my Note 10.1? I can see where I would still have to watch the data amount, but now and then when wifi was missing, it would be nice to do. Can I do this with a regular smart phone plan without having anything extra for tethering and such?

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site

Zach, I haven't tried creating a hot spot so this could be a real novice question, but are you saying I could put FoxFi on my Note PHONE/AT&T NOT unlimited data, and it would act as wifi for my Note 10.1? I can see where I would still have to watch the data amount, but now and then when wifi was missing, it would be nice to do. Can I do this with a regular smart phone plan without having anything extra for tethering and such?

Yes if you have a data plan and use FoxFi it counts towards you Smartphone data plan. I am doing with my phone for my Nexus 7 no tethering fee required. As long as you don't go over your data plan your good.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Yes if you have a data plan and use FoxFi it counts towards you Smartphone data plan. I am doing with my phone for my Nexus 7 no tethering fee required. As long as you don't go over your data plan your good.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums
Wow, sure could have used that the other day when a tree took out our internet connection at work! I impressed my boss because I kept doing research on the net using my Note phone but I have to admit, would have been much cooler to show off the Note 10.1. Thanks so much for this, I know it will come in very handy!

35fan

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site

BlueVPN works great for me. Install on tablet, turn on bluetooth on phone and connect. Had to check alternate connection settings on tablet to connect with Nokia (Symbian 60) phone. Click modem and LCP compatibility.

Doesn't work with some programs, but does give access to email and web browsing.

Last edited:

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

Sprint doesn't charge for teathering via Bluetooth

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site

I am grandfathered unlimited data so there is really no going over on GBs :) it came in handy at work today, glad i had it

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1 using Android Central Forums

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

Rooted phone + VZW Unlimited Data + WiFi Tether (Android app) = THW (Total Hotspot Win!)

THW + GN10 = Awesome Internet Access Everywhere!!

:D
barskin's unrooted SG3 plus too much money each month to AT&T = Awesome Internet Access I rarely need since I have wifi at home and at work and lots of other places, but I pay all sorts of extra bucks so I can still use my Note while I am on a city bus, unless, of course, I'm standing up, because I'd be a real fool to try to hold it while I'm standing on that shaky thing, but .......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz