Backup and Restore SNotes

rcaban01

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
My main use for this awesome tablet is to take notes during meetings, etc. Heavy note taking. My fear is losing notes if I lost the tablet or it crashed. What is your approach to backing up the tablet? I noticed a Backup in Settings on the tablet, but it's vague. I know something is getting backed up to my Google Account. Could I backup and restore from Dropbox. Key question - How do you backup this tablet which includes media, applications and applications data. My apologies if this has been answered, could not get good search results for this. Thank you in advance.

Roy Caban
Galaxy Note Tablet 10.1
16gb Wireless

socal

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest uploading them to a folder in dropbox. Haven't seen an option for it to be done automatically though...would be interested if it was available.

You can import them back into Snote but has to be done individually.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

rcaban01

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Thank you SOCAL. I will try and add them to Dropbox folder, just not sure how to get them back from Dropbox. Shouldn't be more than a copy/paste. You're right, would be nice to have an automated backup solution. Hopefully, someone can shed some light on what is actually backed up to my Google account from the Tablet because it looks like it backs up something, just not sure if it's including the SNotes data files.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I was looking this up online and found a solution on the xda forums. There is an app called dropsync in the play store. That syncs both ways with dropbox. Someone also mentioned an app called foldersync which does same thing. I haven't tried either yet, but am going to, since looking for same thing as you.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Actually I tried drop sync free version last night, only allows you to set one folder to sync and had a 5mb file size limit. You have to get the paid version for more folders to sync and larger file sizes.
I'm using it just to sync my s notes to drop box. I still have to share or export as jpeg or pdf files though, since when I save in the s note format .snb, it says not able to open on the galaxy note tablet. Which I don't understand, since s note should be able to open its own files.

User134679

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I have tried to find a backup app that will backup my s notes folders...I haven't found on yet...I would like to backup folders to skydrive or another cloud server. An ideas?

quiksilver

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
From within the S Notes app, there is a sync function. Select the menu button in the top right corner ans select Sync. This gives you the option to sync to google drive or evernote. I sync mine to google drive and it works well. Syncing to evernote leaves you with unmodifiable items in evernote.

the only downside to this method is it isn't automatic.

yaronps

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Hello Friends,
Sorry for reopening this subject again, but I have a question.
lets assume I loose my Galaxy Note 3 (I hope it won't happen) and I must watch the S note (.spd) files on a single PC (which I've already synced)
Is there anyway to do this ?
I use win8 at home / and win7 at work.
Thanks in advance.

shaboo2

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Samsung's response to the backup problem with this is pathetic. I did have some success using Evernote once, but then trying to rearrange all the notes back on the new Galaxy was almost impossible. To make matters worse, I also have a Mac. I have never seen any one of these forums that offered a viable solution that actually works with regard to the SNB notes in the S note application. THIS is the only thing that will work: calling the the President of Samsung USA. I am pretty good at detective work, but I was unable to find out anything but the name of this gentleman. However, I could not find out where he was located or how to get in touch with him and no one knows. Its like he exists in the clouds. Getting in touch with somebody high up and letting them know that there are thousands of customers upset with backup issues, and that Kids just does not work,will be the only chance that we ever have of getting samsung to address the lack of ability to convert snb notes to other types of files. Now, having said that, there is a way to convert the S notes and the action memos one at a time into PDF files or pictures. And then you'll be tripling your effort when you go back to try and reinstate them because they won't be organized. So let's turn this forum into someone into trying to find out how and where to get in touch with the president of Samsung USA. Trust me that's the only thing that has a chance of working here.

300pete

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi, is there any way of saving my snote files to my external SD card, instead of the tablet memory?
I'm a very heavy notes user (all day every day) and I now find myself with only 250mb memory on my tablet yet 23gb available on my external SD. Problem is I can't find a way to transfer to ext sd or set notes up to save there automatically.
Very frustrating!!!

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi, is there any way of saving my snote files to my external SD card, instead of the tablet memory?
I'm a very heavy notes user (all day every day) and I now find myself with only 250mb memory on my tablet yet 23gb available on my external SD. Problem is I can't find a way to transfer to ext sd or set notes up to save there automatically.
Very frustrating!!!

Unfortunately no. This is one of many reasons I switched to Lecture Notes which does have this ability. Sounds like it would be quite a transition for you but may be worth it to squeeze more memory space.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Very frustrating!!!

Can you maybe plug it into your PC copy over your notes and then delete the older ones from your SD card to make room for the new ones and then you'll have a backup on your PC?

Deb from my Note 3

PlanetPluto7

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I back up everything on my Note 4 with a pc copy command (among other ways). Too much to try and keep the notes in sync with my note 12.2 that wat though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar