Android File Transfer doesnt recognize device (on Mac)

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I had to download Android File Transfer for my mac in order to transfer files back and forth. Whenever i plug in my note to my macbook pro, it makes a sound that it recognizes it and it also shows the device connected as a media device on the tablet but whenever i run the ANdroid File transfer on the mac, it keeps telling me that no android device found and that i need to connect to get started. what gives?

thanks

cms177

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem with my macbook Pro (OS X 10.8.2) and my S3 (Stock 4.0.4).
Temp workaround is to use KIES for Mac.

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem with my macbook Pro (OS X 10.8.2) and my S3 (Stock 4.0.4).
Temp workaround is to use KIES for Mac.

I have an issue w kies. I can load my s3 and note 10.1 onto my macbook but i cant load my macbook to either one of the devices. Plus kies wont allow me to transfer large files.... any suggestions on how to do do that?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

cms177

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Seems like lots of people have issues with Kies, other than making sure you have the latest Kies software I can't thing of anything. as for workarounds you could try one of the 'Cloud' services Google Drive or DropBox. Failing that load your files using an SD Card reader.