S Note zoom problem after update

TJohnsonmp01

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
Since the update S Note constantly zooms in and out while I'm trying to read and highlight text. This happens when my hand is resting on screen, it's as if palm recognition isn't working anymore. Anyone else have this issue? I preferred things prior to this update :(

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
You know, you scared me because I haven't done much writing with the snote since the upgrade. Mine seems to be okay though, whew. Do you have the pen recognition only toggle turned on? It's the little icon at the far right. It should be blue if you want the palm recognition to work. If it's black, then it will recognize your finger, hand edge, anything. I hope that's all it is and it fixes it for you.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if i have major issues. I use it and if i just move my palm and place it back it sometimes zooms in but just a tad like 80 to 83 then 83 to 90. But when i use the S pen it stays put. I lift my palm a lot to write since I'm left handed.

TJohnsonmp01

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
I do have the blue pen activated and it still zooms in and out on its on. It also has been buggy with highlights I make on page. Say I highlight 2 paragraphs and when I turn to next page it has areas I highlighted on previous on current page that I have yet to touch. Yesterday it even showed a blank page with my highlights...I restarted my tab and when I resumed it was ok. This is becoming very frustrating I had zero issues prior to update.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I do have the blue pen activated and it still zooms in and out on its on. It also has been buggy with highlights I make on page. Say I highlight 2 paragraphs and when I turn to next page it has areas I highlighted on previous on current page that I have yet to touch. Yesterday it even showed a blank page with my highlights...I restarted my tab and when I resumed it was ok. This is becoming very frustrating I had zero issues prior to update.
I haven't had any issues like what you're describing since the update. BUT, and I don't know if it's related, I had similar strange things happen when I was trying to sync between my note phone and note tablet. I was trying to use Evernote, Google Doc, and others. I would try to open a note and sometimes it was like a layer would disappear and sometimes everything would be there and then as soon as I touched the pen to the screen it would disappear. I eventually uninstalled everything, turned syncing off of everything and the strange behavior stopped. Just throwing it out there in case you think it might be related. It would drive me berserk if I had your kind of errors! Have you tried talking to Samsung customer service. I recommend voice, not the chat. I've had great help using the voice customer help line, chat has been frustrating! Boy, I hope someone knows a solution to this! I really feel for ya!

TJohnsonmp01

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Jhighnote, I've been working too much and haven't had time to call Samsung. Hopefully Friday when I'm off I can. This really is a pain especially when I have a 1000 pgs document I'm studying. I'm half way thru it and would hate to loose notes taken so far.

briancarrie05

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site

Im glad u posted this because i seem to be having something similar to what u are. One thing that really drew me to this tablet was the shape and text recognition in s note. I use this very heavily at work and use it to draw maps for different sales floor layouts and designs. lately i have noticed that whenever i turn on the handwriting to text conversion, it will stop converting after just a couple lines of text. as i keep writing more, it will finally spit out all the converted text at one time in one big jumbled mess. i then seem to run into the same problem that you have in the highlighting. i cant erase any of that text and it just sits on the screen if i bring up a new page. sometimes i cant even get the app to close. everything just gets laggy and freezes. even if i go into the settings menu and do a force close, it sometimes does not respond to it. i have to close the tablet down and restart to get s note to clear out. this is pointless however since it will just do the same thing again. needless to say, this has been very disappointing

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Terran2045

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I am having a lot of the same issues. The zooming problem is really bad. I use my NOTE 10.1 to take notes in college, and cant Keep Up when my tablet is Zooming in and out! I also had tue BLUE PEN turned on while writing, but that did not make a difference.

RI92F4

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,
I agree with you... man, I'm seriously pissed off... this zooming thing is bothering me so much!
PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!!!!

gev75

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I am seeing the same thing with the page zooming in and out. Pen is blue and this is really annoying. I am also seeing it freeze up since the update and I lose my content as it kicks me back to the start page. I am getting frustrated at this point. I need to find another app to take notes in until Samsung fixes this. Any suggestions?

rick1574

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I just bought my GN10.1 yesterday and I'm having the same problem. I'm also left handed so I'm constantly moving my palm.

I'm not sure what the latest version of Android is available but I'm on 4.0.4.

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
What writing mode are you guys in when you have the zoom in/out problem? I didn't encounter much when I used the handwriting-to-text panel in S note (it's the one with a big underline T icon). But I didn't use the other two modes much.

I also didn't have this problem in PO. So you might want to try that if it's an option.

gebezis

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I have the problem since the update and S Note which I used all the time to take handwritten notes is completely unusable now. I can't belive they ruined such a useful and good app. Since then I'm back to paper sheets again and S note was the only reason I bought this tablet...

harryjrac

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey all, I had the same issue. I found an app called Quill that seems to do the trick as far as allowing handwriting while resting your palm on the screen. Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20