An ant crawled inside my Note LCD screen

avantiel

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
I really have no idea how the hell it got inside...left it in my bedroom came back and saw it crawling. i assumed it was on the outside of my screen, but it was really inside :\ how the hell did it get in there? Its so disturbing...suggestions? its dead now

DSC_0420.jpg

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Maybe through the speaker holes at the top, blow some canned air in there and maybe you can move it off to the side where you cannot see it. or there is a tear down video out there I am sure to take it apart

Beyond Fire

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Probably squeezed in through the speakers. What are you gonna do about the ant? I would be very annoyed seeing a dead ant every time I look at my screen

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Oh man! That is like the suckiest, worst thing possible. However I laughed pretty freaking hard. I am so sorry for the misfortune. That puts a dead pixel to shame. Update us on whether or not you are able to remove the baggard.

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Oh man! That is like the suckiest, worst thing possible. However I laughed pretty freaking hard. I am so sorry for the misfortune. That puts a dead pixel to shame. Update us on whether or not you are able to remove the baggard.

Pssh dead pixel, thats a dead ant. Did you get blacktie from best buy. Should be able to tag it out if you can't get the ant out.

avantiel

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
bought it on amazon...contacted samsung and they told me this kind of problem 'might be' covered under warranty and that i should consider shipping it back...

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
If that is the case, funniest. Warranty. Claim. Evar.

Not so much for you, but for the guy who has to fix it. Did you try the air?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
that is the funniest thing. I do feel for you and would be freaking upset as your but still funny to see. I hope you get it fix and ask for the ant to frame it. or not. Ants can squeeze through the smallest of places to look for food. Good Luck.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I really have no idea how the hell it got inside...left it in my bedroom came back and saw it crawling. i assumed it was on the outside of my screen, but it was really inside :\ how the hell did it get in there? Its so disturbing...suggestions? its dead now

Before you fix it, could you take more pictures and post any that show the ant really well? Maybe it's my screen but I really can't see it, just a speck that's probably it. Also, try posting a video and explanation on YouTube. I can imagine the tech community would love to see it too! While I appreciate your side of it, and certainly sympathize, you have to admit it's also hysterically funny!

boatman11

Banned
Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Before you fix it, could you take more pictures and post any that show the ant really well? Maybe it's my screen but I really can't see it, just a speck that's probably it. Also, try posting a video and explanation on YouTube. I can imagine the tech community would love to see it too! While I appreciate your side of it, and certainly sympathize, you have to admit it's also hysterically funny!

Yes! I would love to see a photo of this!!!

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
yeah looks like there is a slot inside the 3.5mm jack that would allow access. I took a picture on my nexus and will try to upload it.

Nadz5

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Guys, its is a flaw in the design with a tiny hole. I have one crawled in mine this morning and when it couldn't make its way out for 3 hrs, it died. I also see a dead pixel now.. This sucks. I don't know Samsung here would do something about it. It is so embarrassing to see an insects in your device but you not being able to remove. Moreover, makes me look an idiot having the urge to remove it like a dust particle everytime but it is behind the glass.. Argh.

View attachment 40642

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz