S-Note Problems After Update

Terran2045

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
My Pen annotations delete every time I save My notes! I can only use the key board text function.:-\ is any one else having note issues??? I use this tablet to take notes in class. I can't have my notes erase every time Ipress save!!!

Last edited:

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
My Pen annotations delete every time I save My notes! I can only use the key board text function.:-\ is any one else having note issues??? I use this tablet to take notes in class. I can't have my notes erase every time Ipress save!!!

I've had the same problem when I was trying to sync notes between my Note phone and Note tablet through Evernote, Dropbox, and every other syncing app I could find. If I could get the note to switch to other device, or even transferred it via email from one to the other, the note would appear but as soon as I touched the screen to add writing to it, the original writing would disappear. I finally gave up ever getting notes to be transferrable from my tablet Note to my phone Note and vice versa. Even if I sent an Snote via gmail and tried to reopen it from the attachment on the same Note that created it, it would go blank as soon as I tried to write on it. If you're using any syncing apps, or transferring the snotes in any way, that's the problem.

flippedout

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Ever since the update I've had Tom's of trouble with s note freezing. Anyone else noticing this issue? S note become completely useless. I've switched to Lecture Notes but would prefer S note because of the multi window support. That's a big feature.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Updating is something I rarely do, mostly because even though they do fix some bugs, usually worse or other bugs start showing up. I did the update, haven't really used the S Note app as much as of late, but haven't noticed any freezing or the zooming problem (yet). I feel like with something that's working, why do the update unless it's fixing something you're already having problems with or adding something much anticipated or that really makes it worthwhile. While most people are anticipating Jellybean, I'm hoping that it's going to be something that's working well and not a lot of new bugs that come with it. I actually like Ice Cream Sandwich on both my phone and my Tablet, so may hold off on the Jellybean update when it comes. I usually don't update any of my apps, except if they get a lot of good reviews on the play store for after the update. One thing that I was leary of coming from an Ipad to the Android Tablet. As much as I hate Apple, in the short time I had the Ipad 3, I did one update and fixed one problem I had and had no others with anything after the update. I'm not a fan of Apple by any means, but updates always scare me on Android, with my phones and with my Tablet.

Ed_W

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Ever since the update I've had Tom's of trouble with s note freezing. Anyone else noticing this issue? S note become completely useless. I've switched to Lecture Notes but would prefer S note because of the multi window support. That's a big feature.

I am not sure how it was before the update as I just got my Note yesterday, but the sNote freezes almost all the time. Makes it completely useless. I will keep playing with it (maybe I am doing something wrong?) but if there is not a fix soon this is going back.

Terran2045

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
If I turn off my tablet once a day and make sure I close s-note when I am note using it., then it doesn't have any problems. The zooming problem stops when I put the pen near the screen before I put my handoff the screen. So pen first then palm. :) Also, save every few minutes. This helps my snote run more smoothly., And my work is saved if it crashes. Hope the add a automate feature and an autobackup feature. Hope this helps.

gev75

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I am seeing that S Note is freezing after the update. I will be in the middle of writing notes and it just freezes and then kicks me back to start page. I then lose my data and have to start over. It keeps doing it and is frustrating. Is there another good that I can use until Samsung fixes this app?

gev75

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I ended up doing a force close on the S Note application and then clearing all data for the application. It now appears to be running better and I have not seen a force close or restart in the last hour of using the application.

ruckussjr12

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok so im having s note problems as well. It wont even open now. Was doing the freezing thing everyone was describing, i tried to force close and clear data, then shut down and restarted my note. Does anyone have additional suggestions or is anyone still having this issue. I just got my note and really wanted to be able to take classnotes on it but if this keeps up thats not going to happen with s note.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

gev75

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
It seems to have come back today as I got the freezing again and then the restart in the middle of taking notes, which I then lost. I sent a question to Samsung on this and I am waiting on a response. With the release of the Galaxy Note 2 phone this week running the Jelly Bean OS, I am hoping that their fix will be in the form of an OS upgrade. :)

boofatty

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I've had my note tablet for one day now and it's having issues. I did the update, then checked firmware.

The issue are that it will only recognize the s-pen, no finger input at all. Also, just after the firmware update it would recognize finger and s-pen but the screen would shake and stutter. I've looked for advice on forums and the support site. On the support site all I could find said to check firmware and if nothing else reset to defaults. So I reset to default and now it doesn't seem to shake but still only recognizes s-pen input.

I'm really excited about this tablet and want it to work. Am I doing something wrong or is it just this buggy? Perhaps I got a bad one? Bad tip on the s-pen?

Thanks in advance for any help.

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
When writing in S Note, there are 3 buttons in the upper right of the page, there is a "T'' for text input, a microphone for voice input and a pen for S Pen input. If the pen is highlighted blue, no finger input will register because it is in pen only mode, to eliminate any marks from palm touches and such. If you tap the pen button again to deselect it, then you will be able to use S Pen and finger input.

Note2 or Note10, that is the question

boofatty

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
When writing in S Note, there are 3 buttons in the upper right of the page, there is a "T'' for text input, a microphone for voice input and a pen for S Pen input. If the pen is highlighted blue, no finger input will register because it is in pen only mode, to eliminate any marks from palm touches and such. If you tap the pen button again to deselect it, then you will be able to use S Pen and finger input.

Note2 or Note10, that is the question

Mine is the note 10, i had checked that area but will check again. Does this setting in S Note affect all programs, input into the entire OS?

robcassman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure how it was before the update as I just got my Note yesterday, but the sNote freezes almost all the time. Makes it completely useless. I will keep playing with it (maybe I am doing something wrong?) but if there is not a fix soon this is going back.

Has anyone found a solution to this? I just bought the Note 10 and will take it back as long as it is in the warranty time frame (30 days.) I bought the Note 10 SPECFICIALLY for S Note. Mine freezes and then crashes within 45-60 seconds of opening a note...100% of the time.

Robert

robcassman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone found a solution to this? I just bought the Note 10 and will take it back as long as it is in the warranty time frame (30 days.) I bought the Note 10 SPECFICIALLY for S Note. Mine freezes and then crashes within 45-60 seconds of opening a note...100% of the time.

Robert
A possible solution!
This is the BEST alternative. It is a different way to use handwriting on the tablet than what I was doing. No freezes and MUCH quicker:
Galaxy Note 10.1 - Handwriting panel demo - YouTube

I will use this from now on.

300pete

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I have a brand new note 10.1 and am experiencing the exact same problems with Snote freezing. I have used it twice now and on both occasions it froze after approx 30min use and all of my work was lost.
The stylus was the sole reason I chose the note 10.1 over all other tablets on thae market. So far this feature has proved to be very unreliable and far from the productive tool that I expected.
This is also my 1st android device and I have to say, I'm appalled that there doesn't seem to be an auto save option. Having Mac for everything else in my house, if any program was to freeze or crash (which they rarely ever do), all of my work would be save and there for me on a full reboot.
Seems not the case with the note 10.1. Terrible!

So, has anyone come across a solution for this problem? Will Jellybean fix it when finally released to us here in Australia?

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

gev75

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
The procedure in the video above seems to be the best fix for this issue and works really well. This is corrected in the upcoming JB OS upgrade that hopefully will be available by the end of the month here in the U.S. I am not sure about when it will be released in Australia.

Gerry

300pete

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Yeah, I've been using that method for handwriting since reading it. The 2 experiences with freezing I had were when working on an Idea Note and switching between handwriting, shape recognition and just free-hand drawing.
Hopefully it's sorted out in JB.
Cheers.

bryan_cfii

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Mine still does it after Jelly Bean. I just had to can it and go with the Lecture Notes app. I needed reliability at school way too much.
Snote was moody as hell.

Hi,
I have a brand new note 10.1 and am experiencing the exact same problems with Snote freezing. I have used it twice now and on both occasions it froze after approx 30min use and all of my work was lost.
The stylus was the sole reason I chose the note 10.1 over all other tablets on thae market. So far this feature has proved to be very unreliable and far from the productive tool that I expected.
This is also my 1st android device and I have to say, I'm appalled that there doesn't seem to be an auto save option. Having Mac for everything else in my house, if any program was to freeze or crash (which they rarely ever do), all of my work would be save and there for me on a full reboot.
Seems not the case with the note 10.1. Terrible!

So, has anyone come across a solution for this problem? Will Jellybean fix it when finally released to us here in Australia?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn