whats in the box?

THEGUY-FROM-YUMA

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I read recently purchased a galaxy note 10.1, i noticed that iinside the box was a small plastic bag. Inside this bag is a metal ring and a couple plastic sticks. What i want to known is what are these things used for ?

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
They are replacement tips for the S Pen. The metal ring is the "tool" to remove the tips.

Note2 or Note10, that is the question

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I read recently purchased a galaxy note 10.1, i noticed that iinside the box was a small plastic bag. Inside this bag is a metal ring and a couple plastic sticks. What i want to known is what are these things used for ?
If you're just getting the Note, and opening the box, you might find these links helpful. Try this link for a quick overview: Galaxy Note 10.1 (Wi-Fi) Starter Guide | Samsung Mobile Article and on this page: Support - Wi-Fi Tabs GT-N8013 | Samsung Galaxy Tab under the manuals and downloads, there's a link to download the manual. I hope you love your Note!

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi when I bought my tablet, the replacement tips and ring weren't in the box. Do you know from where I can buy them?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
I haven't seen them on Samsung's website. If you only want the tips, you might try sending an email to Samsung about them. However, when I've bought replacement S-pen's, they have included spare tips. I suggest getting a spare S-pen. It is amazing how the S-pen becomes such a necessity and it's nice to have a spare if you leave yours somewhere else or lose it.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen them on Samsung's website. If you only want the tips, you might try sending an email to Samsung about them. However, when I've bought replacement S-pen's, they have included spare tips. I suggest getting a spare S-pen. It is amazing how the S-pen becomes such a necessity and it's nice to have a spare if you leave yours somewhere else or lose it.

Thanks for the info J HighNote. How much do these replacement S Pen's run?

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info J HighNote. How much do these replacement S Pen's run?
The S pen that was an exact duplicate of what came with it was about 30 dollars. After someone mentioned an S pen with an eraser end, I tried that too, but contrary to it's write up, it did NOT work with the 10.1 but it does work with the Note phone so I kept it anyway. I believe some others have also gotten a Toshiba stylus that works with the 10.1 and the Samsung Slate stylus that works too. I've gotten more disciplined about putting the 10.1's S pen back in it's holder. But I do tend to leave my Note phone's s pen laying wherever I used it last, typically at work, so now I keep a few spares for my phone so I'm never without one. One thing I ran across that would appeal to any artist types, if they work, there are true capacitive BRUSHES on the market. They mentioned being for iPads but wouldn't they work on our Notes as well? The features of our Notes make me really wish I had artistic talent!

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Legal American, I just bought this one on Amazon:
Amazon.com: Samsung Electronics Slate PC Digitizer Pen (AA-DP0NE2B/US): Computers & Accessories
It runs about $34, but it's totally worth it. I got mine last week and I never use my S-Pen from the GN now. This Pen worked right out of the box and didn't have to change any settings for the original S-Pen that came with the tablet. It's the size of a regular Pen and much more comfortable to use. Has a button on it just like the S-Pen for screenshots and an eraser on the top. Great replacement for the S-Pen. It's for the Samsung Slate, but got it because people on Amazon reviewed it saying it works with the Galaxy Note 10.1.

Dazo

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Was looking at the one you mentioned on Amazon, but also looking at this one http://www.amazon.com/Priceless-Res...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2471153. There aren't many reviews yet so I can't go off of that.
The S-pen of my friend's Note 2 seems to work better on the GN10 than the one it came with. The S-pen doesn't work badly; the Note en simply works a little better imo. That's what got me looking for another pen. Plus Spring semester coming up.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX