S pen on photos

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, the only way i've found this functionality is through the app Skitch. You'll have to first download the app from the Play Store. Once downloaded, you open the gallery, select the photo you want to annotate, and then select the share button. You will be given be given some options and you'll want to select Skitch.

Skitch will open with the photo you selected and you can then annotate the photo using your s-pen. I must warn you that the writing doesn't seem as fluid as I'd like, but for quick markups on photos it's the best solution I've found so far.

On the Note 5.3 phone Samsung made it easy, but on the tablet it seems to require a third party app :confused:

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

QBert

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Note 10.1 but I would think that there is a way to do it using the version of Photoshop that was included in the software pre-installed. Haven't had a chance to try it yet though.

ykariv

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Locate and display your picture using the standard gallery application , long click with the s pen (press pen button) on the picture. a new copy of your picture will be display, now you can write with pen/finger. Save it

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Android Central Forums

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Locate and display your picture using the standard gallery application , long click with the s pen (press pen button) on the picture. a new copy of your picture will be display, now you can write with pen/finger. Save it

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Android Central Forums
That works but I get little thumbnails along the bottom edge of other pictures. They stay in the screen shot. Is there a way to get rid of them???

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
That works but I get little thumbnails along the bottom edge of other pictures. They stay in the screen shot. Is there a way to get rid of them???

Lol. If you tap the photo lightly one time before taking the screen shot the thumbnail(s) will disappear.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Lol. If you tap the photo lightly one time before taking the screen shot the thumbnail(s) will disappear.

I can't believe how simple the solution was! DAS, you're a genius! It's so wonderful to have that capability on our tablets! Thanks so much! It's so much easier than exporting to an Snote, or writing on a picture and trying to ignore the thumbnail row, or fumbling around with that phototouch! I played with that for two hours last night before finding the secret of writing on a picture and even then it wasn't very easy. I love being able to write on pictures with just a few taps, well, maybe it's several taps.... Gosh, thanks DAS!
Arghhh.jpg

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
How about using S-Note

Kippy, I used importing to an Snote for a few pictures just for simple annotations for myself. If you really want to play with photos try PicsArt. It does so much, it's easy to write on pictures and has shapes to play with, all sorts of things far beyond the Snote capabilities. Just be careful, the more I looked around, the more it seems that if you export a picture to, say Facebook, it also automatically posts your picture to their public gallery. Not sure that's a good thing and I didn't see a way around that but I was really tired by that time. There was a menu settings option but it was for notifications regarding people commenting on your pictures, etc. but no setting that I could find where you could say NO to sending pictures to their gallery. But if you want to really have fun, take a look at it. I think if you got used to saving the picture and then uploading it a different way without doing it from the picsart menu might give you control/privacy with it. The S-pen capabilities were astounding, far more responsive than anything on an S-note.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX