Can't import pdf files into S Note

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I recently purchased Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, and I am having trouble importing pdf files into S note (I want to highlight/make notes on my pdf files and I believe S note would let me do it). It says importing, and then it just shuts down the S note app and goes back to home screen. Can anybody please help? I am not sure if I am doing something wrong here. The pdf files that I tried are max 5 pages without any pictures- all text. And I also can import jpeg files, just not pdf.

Please help, this is one of the reasons I bought this tablet.

Thanks!

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
thank you for info! umm I thought it was different issue, as they could at least import a blank page, whereas my S-note just shuts down the app while importing! Anyways, I posted my question there!

Thanks!

yethan56

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes, u cannot import pdf files directly! I tried filling up a pdf form and practically all the apps plus s note cannot do a good job.Seems like the only way is to printscreen your pdf form and import into s note but the quality is greatly compromised such that the words are blur and broken up. Finally i had to use my ipad 3 to do it and the result is far better. I supported samsung all the way but seems that the s note cannot perform as many expected. Samsung still have a long way to make sure simple fundamentals works well. Until today there is no update for s note to improve its funtionality to a decent level. Very disappointing. My old outdated htc flyer can write better. The snb file is also unfriendly and cannot be read if you send it to your galaxy s3 or evernote or dropbox. Loads of negative issues i faced with the snote. Only good for photo editing but not for work. Samsung must buck up or lose their customers.

Terran White

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Have you updated to the latest software and firmware on the tablet? I had the same problems with snotes before the first update.
How big of a file are you trying to import? Try uploading a small pdf and then try uploading the bigger pdf file. Also, you must have the pdf file saved on the tablet. You cant import straight from dropbox or the like.
How long has it been since you turnedoff your tablet? It is very good to restart or turn off your tablet everyday and it might help.
Let me know if any of this helps.

contrive

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I assume I'm up to date. I thought went on in the background. How do I check (big newby)? The pdf is 180kb. Forgot to mention, I reboot the tablet every day.

Rockdog97

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
In My Files, find the pdf file you want, then click on it... this will open up the Adobe Reader (assuming you have installed this on your table).. you can highlight, add text, and draw onto the pdf file directly in the adobe reader app.. then save...

No need to import into SNote or Lecture Notes...

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Adobe allows for limited editing, accomplishing one aspect of Lecture Notes. If you work extensively with pdf files, Adobe is not the best choice.

Sent from my Sprint Note 2 via Tapatalk.

zr2s10

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I have tried opening .pdf files using S-Note also, with poor results. For now, I just use the Adobe reader, since it lets me mark up my meeting notes. I'll have to try out "lecture notes". I'm working with the guy that writes the program that generates our error log (the majority of our meeting is covering that), and trying to get it in word or excel. Polaris office works great for marking up those files, but also can't properly open my .pdf files. My main gripe about Adobe Reader, is that it won't allow you to erase like S-Note does. It groups all of your writing (in between saves) into one text box, and you have to delete the whole thing. Kind of a PITA.

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Having tried every one of them, Lecture Notes does job.

I have done walk throughs, equipment updates, medical kit updates, physician forms and it excels. Last night did one for an upcoming eye exam and emailed it to their office. Saved them and me a bit of time.

Sent from my Sprint Note 2 via Tapatalk.

pamparampam

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello! This post is a year late though this thread helped me figure out how to load pdf files to my s-note. Upon choosing import > pdf and picking the pdf file you are going to use, a list of apps will pop up to let u pick where to open the file. Click the back button, and press "done" on the upper right part of the page. Importing of pdf to s-note will start, then you can start drawing on the pdf. I only have tried this with 1 page pdf. Not sure how it will work with multiple pages. (Galaxy Note 8.0)

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
From my playing, I noted Snores works with one pdf file at a tim, Lecture Notes has no limitation.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

siddeek

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for that information (pamparampam) - just what I needed. It's almost impossible to figure things like what you're describing unless someone actually tells you.
Many people telling you that you can't do it but clearly you can. Slight workaround as the imported PDF saved as an S-Note whcih is what you would expect. You can then edit the S-Note but to save as a PDF, you have to use the Export option.

Once again - thanks a million.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol