AllShare

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking at upgrading my TV this fall and I was wondering how well the AllShare component of the 10.1 note worked with Samsung smart tvs. As anyone tried this? How is the picture quality? Is it laggy?

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I tried to get AllShare to work with my Toshiba WiFi Tv with my Samsung Galaxy S lll phone, but had problems getting it to work. Someone in the S lll Forum here told me to try a Free App called Skifta, which worked with my Samsung phone and my Toshiba Tv. I was able to play videos, Music, and Pictures from my phone. I don't understand why this works, but not AllShare on my phone. Haven't tried either app on my Tablet, but now that you posted this, I might try. My cousin has a Samsung Galaxy S lll phone and a Samsung Smart TV and had no problems with AllShare between them. It's supposed to work with any DLNA TV, doesn't have to be a Samsung. Just don't know why mine didn't work with AllShare.

jlschulz

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I bought tje alshare hub at amazon and hooked it to my vizio nomproblem. Im running it with my note 10.1 and its fantastic. Share 100% of everything in hd with very little lag. Even stream movies from a NAS on my home network through the note with no issues

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I have a 3 month old Samsung SmartTV with all the AllShare stuff. I haven't played with it and my Note together too much. But, so far, all I've been able to do is share my screen if I'm using the built in video player to play video content which is stored locally on my Note.

I was doing some reading on XDA and learned that is apparently AllShare Play and AllShare Cast or something like that. 2 different flavors of AllShare. I think you need AllShare Cast to totally share whatever is on your Note screen. And for that, you *may* need the Samsung AllShare Cast receiver device. It's a little wireless deal with an HDMI out that you connect to the TV. You'd think a Samsung SmartTV would have that built in. Maybe mine does. But, so far, I haven't figured out how to get to it, if it does.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star