Dust under screen?

andie93

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I wandered into Best Buy last night with a 3x Reward Zone points coupon and ended up getting a Note 10.1 for $449. I just opened it up a couple hours ago and left it plugged in to charge. I turned it on, and there is one speck of dust that is glaringly obvious when the screen is on and a handful of them that are less noticeable. I was hoping it was just under the plastic covering the screen, but of course I'm not that lucky. I turned the screen off and took a flashlight to it, and there are at least a dozen specks of dust scattered randomly from the right edge to the center of the screen, top to bottom. I had to do it, and what's been seen cannot be unseen.

Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with dust, either right off the bat or over time... Other than the person with the dead ant under the screen, I haven't seen much about dust issues. I absolutely hate returning things (it's pretty much right up there with dust under the screen), and I don't want to be disappointed again if I exchange it for another.

glitchgod

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Okay now returning can be a good thing to.... ask when you get the exchange for see it before you leave and after that if the second has dust demand a discount and a 3rd for your trouble.I did this when I got mine because the one I choose (sony) kept having issues so finally I asked for this tablet with 15% off

Be a jerk to managers and sooner or later they give in

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
449? That's the current price on Amazon.com and on Samsung for the 16gb. Hopefully you bought a 32gb model for 449. If not, you got hosed; don't buy electronics a week before thanksgiving.

andie93

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Uh... :confused: I fail to see how I got ripped off for getting mine at the barely discounted Black Friday/Cyber Monday price of $449 a week before Black Friday/Cyber Monday. I'm pretty sure it wasn't less than $449 anywhere and nothing I ever want goes on super sale for Black Friday anyway, but thanks for your concern.

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
You used rewards points to get a $50 discount on a tablet that became $50 cheaper less than one week later. I therefore concluded that you squandered your rewards points by buying electronics less than one week before Black Friday, a well-known time for electronics to be discounted.

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I wandered into Best Buy last night with a 3x Reward Zone points coupon and ended up getting a Note 10.1 for $449. I just opened it up a couple hours ago and left it plugged in to charge. I turned it on, and there is one speck of dust that is glaringly obvious when the screen is on and a handful of them that are less noticeable. I was hoping it was just under the plastic covering the screen, but of course I'm not that lucky. I turned the screen off and took a flashlight to it, and there are at least a dozen specks of dust scattered randomly from the right edge to the center of the screen, top to bottom. I had to do it, and what's been seen cannot be unseen.

Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with dust, either right off the bat or over time... Other than the person with the dead ant under the screen, I haven't seen much about dust issues. I absolutely hate returning things (it's pretty much right up there with dust under the screen), and I don't want to be disappointed again if I exchange it for another.

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Price aside, simple fix....take the thing back. I don't think u needed to come one here and ask what to do. They can take it out of the box and let u look at it especially when u show them the problem. And if u don't find one that doesn't have dust, which is very unlikely, get something different or get your money back n take it somewhere else.

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad