snote copying help needed

JoopK

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I really bought the 10.1 Note for its note taking capabilities. But I am struggling. What am I doing wrong?

When using snote in split screen mode, and internet in the other screen, I wish to copy a part of the internet screen to the note. To do this, I first press on screen-copy. Both screens then close automatically and the screen copy appears full screen. According to all the instructions I can find, the note screen shouldn't close. Furthermore, when i go back to snote I get the message that snote needs to recover the last session.
Any tips?

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I really bought the 10.1 Note for its note taking capabilities. But I am struggling. What am I doing wrong?

When using s note in split screen mode, and internet in the other screen, I wish to copy a part of the internet screen to the note. To do this, I first press on screen-copy. Both screens then close automatically and the screen copy appears full screen. According to all the instructions I can find, the note screen shouldn't close. Furthermore, when i go back to snote I get the message that snote needs to recover the last session.
Any tips?
Okay, I apologize in advance for being lengthy, but the only way I know to help you is step by step as I do it, otherwise I'm sure to leave out something really important. With the web on one side and a blank S note ready to use on the other, use the S pen and hold down the button and a long tap on the web page. It will do the screen shot and then it will put that screen shot over the web page side. Your S note should not change. Up at the top left of the screen shot, there are the two tool choices to use to select want you want to copy. Tap it to select, then either draw or use the rectangle to outline your choice. When it's right, select done at the top right. You should now be able to slide it directly to your S note using your S pen. When you slide it onto the note, you should get a menu of options next to the graphic. Pick copy and you should have it in your note. Please let me know how you make out. If something doesn't work, it might be that I wasn't clear about something. good luck!

After posting the response above, I re-read your question. Do not use the screen shot at the bottom left where the home and back buttons are. Use the S pen to take a screen shot of the web page. That's the only way to get just a screen shot of that side. If you have any other issues, just holler. Even when I don't know the answer, I do enjoy trying to figure out the solution and learning too. Good luck!

JoopK

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Dear J,
First of all, many thanks for your extensive response.
I am doing everything exactly according to your description, but right after the screen shot Snote closes. I know it shouldn't.
If it helps, I could make a video of what I do and send this over?
Thanks in advance for any help

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Joop, if you are using the right screen shot, with the S pen, then I can't imagine why your S note would close. I use the multi-view window a lot with Snotes and the browser yet I've never had Snotes just up and close on me. I don't think I'd be able to help you even with a video. I'm sorry, hopefully someone else will have a solution for you or you could try calling Samsung support. If you find a solution elsewhere, please let us know what it is.

JoopK

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Indeed, called Samsung Support USA. Was helped by a girl named Piper who did an excellent job of analyzing the problem. Turned out I needed a full reset. It now works fine!