Keyboard issues

geoffwhite18

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I've been trying to turn off the auto insert word when you press the space bar option on the samsung keyboard. On my other android devices I can turn it off, but there doesn't seem to be that option on the note. Anyone figure it out?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Simplifly

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Can't help you with your question as I don't have a SGN keyboard yet. Also, don't know where you are or what country keyboard you are using either. Where did you find a OEM SGN keyboard and what model number is it? If it's a EKD-K14AWEGTGY (Hong Kong/America model), please let me know where I can purchase one! Thx.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I've been trying to turn off the auto insert word when you press the space bar option on the samsung keyboard. On my other android devices I can turn it off, but there doesn't seem to be that option on the note. Anyone figure it out?

If you mean the onscreen keyboard,I found it but it takes some doing. I remember the predictive text drove me nuts so I knew there was a way. When you have the keyboard on the screen, you want to find the gear symbol for settings. If, you see a T and not the settings symbol to the left of the space bar, hold on the T and then slide your finger up and to the right to hit the settings icon. From there, there are a bunch of settings you can do.

geoffwhite18

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes I ment the on-screen keyboard. I'll keep playing with the settings until I figure it out. So far no luck.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
If you turn off predictive text, that might take care of it. I think that's all I did because it was driving me crazy and I don't get anything other than a space with the space bar.