Printing from note,

geoffwhite18

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok. So if I wanted a tablet that forced me to buy all products from the same manufacturer, I would have bought an Apple. Instead I bought a Samsung and assumed since it was an android device that I would be able to print from any printer connected to my WiFi network. Apparently Samsung is almost as dumb as apple because I can only print from a Samsung printer? Seriously? What is wrong with these people? If that's how Samsung operates you will never find another Samsung product in my house!
has anyone figured out how to print without buying a piece of crap Samsung printer?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
+1 for google cloud print. I use it and it's free. I have a printer that is a wired printer, not wifi, just have to have your computer on to use it. Works good for my needs.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Well after reading all the pluses for the PrinterShare app, I just downloaded PrinterShare Mobile for free and works fine. I don't even mind Paying the $12.95 (which I think is a joke). Where I draw the line is, where do they get off charging for pages?!!!! You have to buy packs of 100 pages for $4.95 or $9.95 a month for unlimited! I'm the one paying for and using the paper to print, so what's the deal with that? Seems a little greedy to me. I can do most of the same stuff for free on Google Cloud Print. If I'm paying almost $13 for an app to print, I should be able to print however much I want! I don't mind helping out developers and paying for apps I like, but this is a complete joke. I don't recommend this app to anyone. This is a definite Uninstall!

ykariv

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
You can install the printers application that every firm has
I am using hp and epson app. Both are very good and free
Your printer should have wifi and the best if it has also iprint or eprint capabilities
If it has you can also print by sending standard email to your printer from any place in the world.
I am using this capability and it really help especially when our guests would like to print something, no need to give our wifi code

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Android Central Forums

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I use iPrint for Epson for my Epson printer.

The app was free in the Play Store and I don't have to go through the Cloud to print (why would I want Google to see everything I print?!?). I can even use it to scan (my printer is an all-in-one) into my tablet.

For sure, in the future, when I buy a printer, I will be checking ahead of time to make sure the printer manufacturer makes an Android and iOS app to support printing, etc., for that device. Used to be, you just had to make sure the printer had Windows and Mac drivers. And maybe check for Linux support, if that's your thing. Now, I figure you just need to recognize when you have more platforms than that and purchase accordingly.

bluzman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm not aware of them charging for pages, guess it's a new thing for new buyers.
No mention of page charges in Play Store user reviews as recently as today or on developer's website. I have never encountered this or heard it mentioned before the post by Andy847.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
No mention of page charges in Play Store user reviews as recently as today or on developer's website. I have never encountered this or heard it mentioned before the post by Andy847.
When you download the PrinterShare Free version to your tablet, you have to also download to your PC, so that you can see if it works. When I downloaded the sister Program to my Pc, when you click on PrinterShare in the task bar all the way on the right, a window pops up showing your printer thats shared and their status, etc. Well if you look at the top of the window it tells you how many pages you have left to print and then next to it, it says BUY MORE. So I clicked on that and it tells you about Paying for More Pages as I explained above.
But.............. I explored further and on the website it does explain under the section on Buying the Premium Key, that you have to pay for Computer to Computer Printing with a Subscription. Not if you if have the Premium Key and use from Mobile devices or two other options. So I apologize, I was wrong, but if You do click on the part I stated above it does say about paying for Pages after your free pages run out. I had 16 left on mine. So It is kind of misleading and confusing. I still think it's a little pricey for the premium key, but may reconsider purchasing now.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Well after reading all the pluses for the PrinterShare app, I just downloaded PrinterShare Mobile for free and works fine. I don't even mind Paying the $12.95 (which I think is a joke). Where I draw the line is, where do they get off charging for pages?!!!! You have to buy packs of 100 pages for $4.95 or $9.95 a month for unlimited! I'm the one paying for and using the paper to print, so what's the deal with that? Seems a little greedy to me. I can do most of the same stuff for free on Google Cloud Print. If I'm paying almost $13 for an app to print, I should be able to print however much I want! I don't mind helping out developers and paying for apps I like, but this is a complete joke. I don't recommend this app to anyone. This is a definite Uninstall!
OUCH, Andy, I never saw anything like that with my PrinterShare Premium. I just looked at the developers web site and I think the windows app will let anything on the wifi network go through the computer to the printer. I think it's a case of either/or. If you have the app for the mobile devices, you don't need the windows one and vice versa. Why not try to deal with them and see if you can uninstall the windows one and get a refund? You can sure tell them you have a voice on here and their understanding and a refund would ensure a lot of good publicity for them! Their site is here:PrinterShare? - PrinterShare Premium

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
For printer share I didn't have to download anything to my computer. I put it on the tablet, did the test, it worked, paid for the premium key and that was it. It worked like a charm. BTW, I bought a Canon printer because it said android compatible. Unfortunately, it wasn't really android compatible. It would only print a few things but not S notes. PrinterShare prints EVERYTHING from both of my Notes. Andy, I'm sorry you had such an experience! I wonder if they changed something so it's misleading about what you need to do.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I did pay for the premium app hoping i could just print witout the use of a pc, but that only works with wifi printers and i have a wired network Brother all in one laser printer. I was looking at some wifi ones th at Brother makes, but mine is only 3 years old and works perfectly fine. I figure i purchased the app already, it works with my printer, just have to have my pc on like i did with google cloud print. Only advantage at the moment of having it is that i can print gmail emails without haing to cut and paste into cloud print's note app. Other than that could've done most with the cloud print. When it comes time to get a new laser printer, i'm going to get a wireless one and then i can justify the expense. I do like the interface of the printershare app a bit better than google's cloud print.