Anybody considering getting a 4g LTE galaxy Note 10.1 if they come out?

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I read something on the internet saying that the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 may be coming to Verizon soon. I mainly use my GN at home on WiFi, but would be nice to bring it places with me when there is no WiFi available. For me right now, the WiFi model is enough, but in the future I would maybe consider getting one with 4G. I know one thing, it would be hard to consider any other tablet that doesn't have the S-Pen feature in the future, as I'm loving how much I can do with this thing! That's even before the Jellybean, Premium Suite update has reached us.

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Not me. I have Unlimited Data on Verizon and my phone is rooted so I can run WiFi Tether at no extra charge. I use my Note all the time where it's connected to my phone's hot spot.

Raymond Tan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You don't need to root to be able to tether. I also have Verizon with unlimited and am not rooted. You just need Foxfi on your phone and Pdanet(tablet) on your tablet. You can then tether by creating a wifi hotspot or through a bluetooth connection.

There's a lot of speculation right now that Verizon will eventually get rid of unlimited data, even for those who currently under that plan. Hopefully by then their tiered plans would have dropped in price.

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
The share everything plans allow you to use the hotspot for no extra charge.

In 2013 it would be foolish to get the current Note and further foolish to overpay for it because it has 4g. Wait for the next version.

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
You don't need to root to be able to tether. I also have Verizon with unlimited and am not rooted. You just need Foxfi on your phone and Pdanet(tablet) on your tablet. You can then tether by creating a wifi hotspot or through a bluetooth connection.

There's a lot of speculation right now that Verizon will eventually get rid of unlimited data, even for those who currently under that plan. Hopefully by then their tiered plans would have dropped in price.

Rooting is easy and free (and has other benefits). Why would I want to have to install an app on my tablet to be able to tether? And WHY would I want to pay for PDANet, when WiFi Tether is free??

If Verizon kicks me off of Unlimited Data, I will be moving on over to AT&T. Their LTE coverage is catching up to Verizon's pretty quickly. They already have it all over where I live.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info on Tethering, I always thought you needed to root to do that. Nice to know you don't have to. I'm not looking to buy a new Tablet anytime soon, I'm happy with my GN. I was just wondering after reading the article who was going to buy the 4g models when they come out. As I said, I mostly use at home with WiFi, but am waiting on a BT keyboard case to come and with that may be more mobile with my GN. I'll have to read up and figure this tethering thing out. I know Verizon charges way more for the Galaxy Tab with 3g on their website. That's not even an up to date model and costs so much more than you can get a galaxy tab 2 for now. So I'm sure the price for the Note with 4G will be up there also.

kwjones

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I would like to upgarde from my original 10.1 to that note 10.1 if its anything like my note 2. the speed is ridiculous because of the quad core and 2gig ram. you can really feel the power of 4g

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
You can use any phone that has mobile hotspot capability. That should be any Android phone. And I think you can do it with an iPhone - if you either pay Verizon for tethering or if you jailbreak the phone. I think you can also do it was a Blackberry, too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon