Note 10.1 Bluetooth Keyboard Help!

Tommy Faust

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I just got my note 10.1 for Christmas along with a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard (Logitech tablet keyboard for windows 8 and android 3.0+). I was able to successfully pair both devices with ease and the mouse worked fine. However the keyboard keeps doing this very annoying thing where I can't type a word without one of the keys being repeated as if I am holding it down. I have done numerous things to try and solve this issue; contacted Logitech customer support (no help), constantly repaired and unpaired it, replaced the batteries, and even returned the keyboard for a new one (the same keyboard) and repeated the previous steps. Also, Iadored the keyboard with my droid razr maxx and it worked perfectly fine and had no issues. So, those has to be an issue with tablet. Please can someone help I am very desperate and have no where else to go..

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I just got my note 10.1 for Christmas along with a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard (Logitech tablet keyboard for windows 8 and android 3.0+). I was able to successfully pair both devices with ease and the mouse worked fine. However the keyboard keeps doing this very annoying thing where I can't type a word without one of the keys being repeated as if I am holding it down. I have done numerous things to try and solve this issue; contacted Logitech customer support (no help), constantly repaired and unpaired it, replaced the batteries, and even returned the keyboard for a new one (the same keyboard) and repeated the previous steps. Also, Iadored the keyboard with my droid razr maxx and it worked perfectly fine and had no issues. So, those has to be an issue with tablet. Please can someone help I am very desperate and have no where else to go..

I have a Motorola BT keyboard and don't have the same problem. I did a few searches and found some things you might be able to try. Most sites offered solutions that involved slowing down a speed setting. I just found one site that said for the motorola keyboard typing double letters - uncheck the keyboard on the input setting. That one is possible. I couldn't find a speed setting for keyboards on our Notes. Actually, the unchecking the keyboard at the input menu makes sense in an odd way. If the keyboard becomes selected through the blue tooth input and again through being checked.... maybe that would explain how it registers twice. Please let me know if that works. Good luck with it.

Tommy Faust

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I have a Motorola BT keyboard and don't have the same problem. I did a few searches and found some things you might be able to try. Most sites offered solutions that involved slowing down a speed setting. I just found one site that said for the motorola keyboard typing double letters - uncheck the keyboard on the input setting. That one is possible. I couldn't find a speed setting for keyboards on our Notes. Actually, the unchecking the keyboard at the input menu makes sense in an odd way. If the keyboard becomes selected through the blue tooth input and again through being checked.... maybe that would explain how it registers twice. Please let me know if that works. Good luck with it.

Well I did not find any way to uncheck the keyboard becuas it was not even in the language and input method section in settings. But you said your keyboard works? Could I have a link to it? And how is its preformance? I need something to work flawlessly. And any other suggestions for fixing my current keboard would be gretaly appreciated.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Well I did not find any way to uncheck the keyboard becuas it was not even in the language and input method section in settings. But you said your keyboard works? Could I have a link to it? And how is its preformance? I need something to work flawlessly. And any other suggestions for fixing my current keboard would be gretaly appreciated.

I have this one: Amazon.com: Motorola Wireless Keyboard with Trackpad - Retail Packaging: Computers & Accessories bought from this vendor. When I first searched for the keyboard through Amazon it came up from some vendor called prune danish. Not sure I'd want to steer someone to a site like that, but the Buy With Confidence vendor was very nice and when I left highly favorable feedback regarding the keyboard I got a very nice answer from him. The only warning I would give you about the keyboard is that Motorola is no longer making them. When I first got it I had trouble getting it to pair with my Note. I tried Samsung's support and they said it wasn't compatible. The next day, I turned everything off, and started over and it worked and it's been flawless ever since! Even the null keyboard used to keep the on screen keyboard away seems to work automatically. Anyway, I think Motorola and vendors got a lot of returns on this keyboard because when I was having the pairing issue I did some searching and there were complaints about the cursor jumping to other areas and typing jumping from one spot to another spot but I think I figured out why. When the track pad is out, it slides out easily from the middle of the space bar area, it becomes very easy to tap on with the base of your thumb when hitting the spacebar. I think people were randomly hitting the trackpad without knowing it with the same result as if you were typing away and someone else was randomly moving and clicking your mouse. Anyway, if you get the keyboard, best thing to do is keep the track pad slid in while you're typing and there will be no jumping to random areas. Also, the keyboard is only a tiny bit smaller than my full size keyboard and it has a nice tilt to it plus the keys have a natural feel, not that thin rubber or barely make a depression type. I'm a fast touch typist and this keyboard is easy for me to use. I can't swear all the android buttons work, but the main ones do. F1 is home, esc works like the back button, next to esc is the menu key, and the arrow keys to the right of the space bar work for navigation. All in all, I love the design and feel that Motorola should have kept making them.

Tommy Faust

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Well my logitech keyboard seems to be doing better before (I am typing this reply on it) However it is still somewhat randomly repeating some of my key presses, causing me to go back and edit this. I have also noticed that the problem with the keyboard is exceptionally bad whenever I go to search something (In the google play store, just in the url bar, etc.) making it basically impossible to do. I really like this keyboard as it has all the functions I could want and I enjoy typing on it and really want to avoid looking for a new keyboard. Is there anything else you could suggest me trying?

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Well my logitech keyboard seems to be doing better before (I am typing this reply on it) However it is still somewhat randomly repeating some of my key presses, causing me to go back and edit this. I have also noticed that the problem with the keyboard is exceptionally bad whenever I go to search something (In the google play store, just in the url bar, etc.) making it basically impossible to do. I really like this keyboard as it has all the functions I could want and I enjoy typing on it and really want to avoid looking for a new keyboard. Is there anything else you could suggest me trying?
I can't think of anything else. You might try searching for a logitech forum, perhaps at Logitech's website. Maybe someone else has had the issue.

Kristie Kiser

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
It can be fixed by downloading two apps. The first one you will need is null keyboard, a free app that disables the default samsung app. The second app, which is paid (only a few bucks), is External Keyboard Pro. This has settings which allow you to control the repeat. I was having the same problem with my Targus keyboard, and this fixed it immediately.

Prairiechick63

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
This was very helpful and sure fixed my problem with my slow, intermitent Logitech Keyboard (K810) I was getting so upset and so sad thinking I was going to look for a different keyboard and I love this one so . . .much! So again thank you so much! My mouse is also a bit slow do you have a fix for that too? I figure the problem must be with the Bluetooth on the tablet but no updates so far to fix this problem.:)

enigmax

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
It can be fixed by downloading two apps. The first one you will need is null keyboard, a free app that disables the default samsung app. The second app, which is paid (only a few bucks), is External Keyboard Pro. This has settings which allow you to control the repeat. I was having the same problem with my Targus keyboard, and this fixed it immediately.

Only one is needed. If you get external keyboard helper pro, you dont needthe other app. =)

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk 4

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
The repeat key problem seems to have been taken care of with Kitty Kat. Using the Samsung keyboard with on-screen keyboard off or on no longer repeats entries.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01