demo video starts playing when power button is pressed

kartracer088

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Just got this galaxy note 10.1 and whenever I press three power button to point it to sleep three screen goes off. But then a couple of seconds later it turns back on and starts playing a demo video. Help! This is driving me nuts.

It's possessed!

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I bet it's playing in the background all the time and when you turn the screen off, it activates the screen. I had a game that did that, drove me crazy too. Try going to the task manager, and really turning off whatever video player or other app that is active. Or, you can do a complete power off and that should do it too. Please let us know the final solution.

kartracer088

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
This demonstration video that starts up on it's own is the one that came with the tablet. I remember seeing it on the store unit. The only way to exit out of it is by hitting the back button. Then my password screen comes up and I can use my tablet.

The demo video doesn't show up as a running application, so there is nothing to close. Completely power down doesn't make and difference either. There must be some little check box somewhere to disable it, but I haven't been able to find.

If I can find the video file, I will try deleting out but I suspect it is embedded in the system somewhere.

Still looking got for the solution.

kartracer088

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Found it! There is a screensaver app that comes with the galaxy note 10.1

There is an option to run the screen saver when the screen times out or the screen is turned off. Just select the Screensaver app, uncheck the box that says enable screen saver.

Thanks

Arborij

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Thank you so much! I was ready to bring the darned thing back to the store. Samsung shouldn't do evil things like this. For a minute there, I thought I had mistakenly bought an Apple product.

John Boysen1

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Please help...screen saver is off and the dawn video still plays. It eats the battery over night. What cap I am ready to turn to the dark side and buy an apple

obxgeorge

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Thank you, thank you, and thank you. You solved my problem on my wife's galaxy tab pro 8.4
I was the one who caused the problem and of course I was the one who was in trouble because of it. The Smart Cover would not work and the battery would drain all the time. After finding the screensaver and shutting it off, the cover now works and everything seems to be back to normal. How I ever turned it on is a mystery to me.
Once again, thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12