How bad is the screen really? Considering buying!

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Considering getting this tablet. Had the Asus infinity tf700t. But the lag was killing me. And other problems. How is the screen on the Note 10.1? Every review said it's not great. I'm big into display. But want a tablet that performs well.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Look On youtube for some videos comparing the Infinity against the Galaxy Note. There was a post in the forum here awhile ago that listed the exact video. They recommended the Galaxy Note over the Infinity,and one of the reasons is what you're complaint was. It was that video, that put me over the edge to getting the GN tablet. If I were you, I'd go check out and play with a Galaxy Note in person, so you can see the Display. Only you are going to know if it's good enough for you. I see so many posts about the lower resolution on the GN, and it's not bad at all if you ask me. My samsung GS lll phone has a great Display and so does my Galaxy Note tablet. Samsung makes the screens for the Ipad I believe, and everybody is just so WOWed by the IPad's screen. I really don't think you'll find the screen as bad as the reviews make it.

stormm32

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I bought the Asus tf700 and it was so laggy. I returned it and bought the note 10.1. I too worried about the screen resolution but I actually love the tablet. Its very fast and smooth and has a lot of features the tf700 doesn't have. The display in many opinion is not bad at all. I suggest trying out and see for yourself. I don't regret my decision.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the help guys. I'm going to best buy to play with the Note for a little bit. I hope I like it.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Scooter04

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
It's so bad I can barely read your question. No I'm just kidding. Take a look and compare for yourself. I'm extremely happy with the 10.1. Pictures and Netflix look great. If you want the pen, resolution won't even be a factor. If your a specs junky, then maybe you wont be happy. Best buy has a pretty big selection and they will have one of those apple things for comparison. Good luck!

geoffwhite18

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
The screen is ok. It will do anything that any of the other tablets will do. Only the nexus 10 and the iPad really have a screen that is noticeably better. The real point to the note is the pen. If you need the pen and it's usefulness then you need to buy the note regardless of the screen. If you don't need any of the pen options and just want to browse the internet and watch Netflix, then you should look at the nexus 10. If you want an apple then your choice is obvious.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463