Any Word On Premium Suite Update

J Teezy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Someone said a Samsung rep said the jb update is supposed hit the USA by the end of January

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Finally got tired of waiting and flashed the UK version.
Works beautifully. It even preserved all my data. I'll flash the US version when it comes out but I'm not waiting for all the cool features anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

rickgainsmith

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I also installed the UK version on my N8000, it has a few bugs.

S Note app randomly changes to crayon.
Gallery App is very laggy. I installed a new one (can't remember the name but it's super quick).
Many apps stop working. Not a big issue.
Battery life isn't as good. I still get what I need.

On the plus side,
OS is much smoother.
New S Note features are great.
S Pen, hold the button down to copy is very useful.
Multi Window apps work much better.

Scooter04

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Pushing the button on the pen and holding to the screen works before jelly bean. I've seen that mentioned several times but it works on mine and I dont have jelly bean. It basically takes a screen shot and then brings it up in a window and lets you crop your selection. Then you can drag into snotes or save to clipboard. Is that how it works after jelly bean or is it different some how? It's a handy feature, I use it a lot for clipping things off the internet, or clipping portions of construction drawings.

G3TCASHM0N3Y

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Pushing the button on the pen and holding to the screen works before jelly bean. I've seen that mentioned several times but it works on mine and I dont have jelly bean. It basically takes a screen shot and then brings it up in a window and lets you crop your selection. Then you can drag into snotes or save to clipboard. Is that how it works after jelly bean or is it different some how? It's a handy feature, I use it a lot for clipping things off the internet, or clipping portions of construction drawings.

In jb you can hold the button and just outline around anything you want on the screen. You don't have to take a screen shot first. It's pretty handy.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

J Teezy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
In jb you can hold the button and just outline around anything you want on the screen. You don't have to take a screen shot first. It's pretty handy.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

This is what I'm most excited about! Come on with update already!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

scott15851

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Here is some more bull crap off their website

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD, using Android Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357576815371.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357576815371.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 185

Stump3r

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Has it got English in the German version?

If so, do you have the link to download?

Yes it does, I did mine last weekend and have been rocking it all week. Only one bug I can see so far and it's very minor. Will flash the US/Canuck version whenever it arrives.

jlschulz

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
And samsung continues to screw us over. Announced a 4g verizon release before month end with 4.1 installed. Butof course nothing for us existing customers

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
It should be soon as there are reports in the forums here that some people are buying Note tabs with the jelly bean software installed on them already fresh from the box.

It is possible that they pulled an update to add the CPU hack fix before release.

I know it has been a long 4 months, but I would rather have an update that is free of bugs, or as close as possible when released.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
The good news is that Samsung is telling us all about the Verizon LTE Note 10.1 and the other color options that will soon be offered. Thank heavens for all of that! Those are the two biggest worries i've had on my mind since I bought my Note 10.1 in August. I forgot entirely about JellyBean & Premium Suite because of all this fantastic news! (Sarcasm)

Again......I LOVE the Note with or without JB, but I would love to have those additional features and do not understand why it is so hard to release the update when you aren't fighting with carriers.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
My contacts at Samsung wanted me to pass a 'your welcome' note to you for the lte/color announcements. They hope you sleep better now.

(just more sarcasm, sorry)

Your right, I don't know what the hold up is. This is another reason I went with a crap tablet to start with. I know they have been around awhile, but there is no real track record for updates. I bought a crappy one to see if I need one and to see for a year or so how updates go since tablets are more mainstream. So far I am not impressed.

Though I am not a fan of nexus phones, they might be the way to go for tablets

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
My contacts at Samsung wanted me to pass a 'your welcome' note to you for the lte/color announcements. They hope you sleep better now.

(just more sarcasm, sorry)

Your right, I don't know what the hold up is. This is another reason I went with a crap tablet to start with. I know they have been around awhile, but there is no real track record for updates. I bought a crappy one to see if I need one and to see for a year or so how updates go since tablets are more mainstream. So far I am not impressed.

Though I am not a fan of nexus phones, they might be the way to go for tablets

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.
Oh, for pity's sake, the Note 10.1 is already such a spectacular device, I really can wait for a little while. I see no need top bail headlong into the Nexus, which not only does not have the S Pen, it has no SD card slot and no USB host capability, so you're stuck with - what? - 32 gigs, and that's it.With my Note, I have 32 gigs internal, another 64 in the micro sd and I can add even more with my USB adapter.

I've told my Asus story too many times, but, here goes again. They rushed out the jelly bean upgrades to my Transformer Pad TF300, and, oh what a mess. It took three firmware updates to take out the bugs and the problems, and it still doesn't operate as fast or as smooth as my Note.