Store Country and Account Country different

Broley

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I opened the Samsung Apps on my Galaxy Note 10.1 and accidently entered my store Country as United Arab Emirates. My Account Country is United Kingdom. I'm now being told that to continue using Samsung Apps I have to sign in using the same country info as the store. I can't find anyway to sign in or change the entered info as each time I open the Samsung App it opens using the UAE store. How do I change the store country please?

bacchus224

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
LMAO. I thought I was the only one that could manage that foul up. I talked to Samsung and they couldn't fix it for me. I finally ended up setting up a new account with a different email address.

The key to fixing this is what needs to be changed. If the country in the store is wrong, then all you have to do is go into app manager and clear the data for Samsung Apps. Then reopen Samsung Apps and set the correct country. If the country is wrong on the account is wrong then you have the problem that I had.

I found the account profile editor for the Samsung ACCOUNT. Unfortunately, the one account detail you can't change is the country. Deleting the account from the device doesn't help as the account profile details are stored on the account servers.

Last edited:

john2sheds

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I also did this and Samsung advised go to Settings>Application Manager>Samsung Apps and click Clear Data, return Home, select Apps, Select Samsung Apps and you will be able to select correct Country, bingo it worked! Good Luck

Daren Ridgway

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
OR do what I've done.
I live in Poland so have a Samsung account for Poland and another for UK.
Basically just join Samsung with a different email address. My tablet is registered to both countries as I used the same email I registered all my Polish products. This way also helps when downloading Apps as spending on new which email I sign in to google play store will change the recommend apps to the appropriate country esp when I wanted BBC iplayer and Skygo.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084