JB for note 10.1 US

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone who had previously gotten the "wait your turn in line" message been able to update since? It's been foooooorrrrever!

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Finally got home from work trying to update via kies and I think it froze on me. Its been on 85% decompressing binary files for about 25 minutes now. Im afraid to touch anything because I dont want to interupt it if it is actually working

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
been trying since noon today and get the wait your turn message lol. guess i need to download the kies and do it that way now that i home

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
So what's the verdict so far? IS JB as smooth as silk on this? Screen transitions? No stuttering or lag? Been holding off buying this until I can show my wife that it won't be full of lag like the Tab 2 I just sold. We have the ipad 4, and it's smooth as I've ever seen on a tablet. I want this Note 10.1 badly but just can't deal with choppy performance. Curious to see how it's working on your machines. Store model is not a good representation and I'm sure they won't have JB installed for weeks if ever. I find it amazing that I pick up an Android tablet at Best Buy and icons are all over the place, widgets loaded all over the place, looking awful. Can't some geek squad dude spend 20 minutes each day fixing up the screens and rebooting? Anyhow, can't wait to hear how your notes are performing with JB!

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
So what's the verdict so far? IS JB as smooth as silk on this? Screen transitions? No stuttering or lag? Been holding off buying this until I can show my wife that it won't be full of lag like the Tab 2 I just sold. We have the ipad 4, and it's smooth as I've ever seen on a tablet. I want this Note 10.1 badly but just can't deal with choppy performance. Curious to see how it's working on your machines. Store model is not a good representation and I'm sure they won't have JB installed for weeks if ever. I find it amazing that I pick up an Android tablet at Best Buy and icons are all over the place, widgets loaded all over the place, looking awful. Can't some geek squad dude spend 20 minutes each day fixing up the screens and rebooting? Anyhow, can't wait to hear how your notes are performing with JB!
I found it smooth as silk, no stutters, no lags, before the upgrade. After - still just as smooth, but more functional.

collett

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Downloading the update now via Kies. For tired of that error message telling me to wait my turn. LOL!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Via kies the whole process took less than 5 minutes from start to finish. Awsome! Oh wow I like how the new folders on the home pages. Honestly I Like the whole update!

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Finally got it through Kies. Turned out my Tablet or my PC didn't have enough harddrive space to complete the install. Deleted a bunch of movies and games and it went through fine. Still cant believe I nearly filled up 32 gigs of onboard storage. Time to move music and video to the SD card

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it is smoother. After the update I don't see any of my pictures from the gallery. What should I do?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I managed to get the update via Kies but it took forever. We have been waiting so long for JB. It is smoother but instead of split screen, you can resize and have more than app open. What else were we supposed to see?

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I found out what happened, I didn't sync my pictures after download so it's good now.:)

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Via kies the whole process took less than 5 minutes from start to finish. Awsome! Oh wow I like how the new folders on the home pages. Honestly I Like the whole update!

Could you list the steps you used? I have downloaded kies from a link in this thread since what I had did not work. I still cannot get kies to work. Below are the steps I tried.
- launched kies on pc
- connected tab to laptop via usb
- tab connects with kies
- get message in kies stating this is the latest firmware (its ics) PDA:LPL
- tried various things, restarting tab, restarting laptop. Always get the same result.

TIA