JB for note 10.1 US

WarER4X

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
I am currently playing a YouTube video in one Window while replying to this thread in another. This tablet has the muscle to do that sort of without any problems. I'm glad to see that horsepower get utilized. Project Butter has definitely made everything smoother as well. It was evident with the first home screen scroll. The only thing that I don't like is that this is actually my wife's tablet. I wish it was mine! :)

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Could you list the steps you used? I have downloaded kies from a link in this thread since what I had did not work. I still cannot get kies to work. Below are the steps I tried.
- launched kies on pc
- connected tab to laptop via usb
- tab connects with kies
- get message in kies stating this is the latest firmware (its ics) PDA:LPL
- tried various things, restarting tab, restarting laptop. Always get the same result.

TIA

Yeah it was a different firmware showing up (MA3 is what it should be). but it was the process you listed. You say tab......are you using a Galaxy Tab or Galaxy note and just refering to it as a tab-tablet? And you are in the US?

- - - Updated - - -

I am currently playing a YouTube video in one Window while replying to this thread in another. This tablet has the muscle to do that sort of without any problems. I'm glad to see that horsepower get utilized. Project Butter has definitely made everything smoother as well. It was evident with the first home screen scroll. The only thing that I don't like is that this is actually my wife's tablet. I wish it was mine! :)

BWAHAHAHA this one is mine bought and paid for. Wife has her Kindle Fire LOL

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone notice you can minimize apps like facebook, drag it around your homepage and pin it/resize it to your page?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 using Android Central Forums

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I am sorry but I am not able to download my update via Kies Air, can I get some steps by steps if possible.

Download the latest version of Kies. Connect your Note 10.1. Once the installation starts, be patient. It will take a while to download. Once the installation starts, it should much quicker than the download. Do no disconnect until prompted. Make sure that your Note 10.1 has completed the restart process and you are back at the homescreen. Make sure that your Note 10.1 is fully charged. Adjust your display timeout to 30 minutes if you have a screen lock so that the device can connect. Once connected, you should be fine. Using Kies, I had to try twice because the first time the server was busy.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The biggest issue is the Email application. It keeps notifying me about old emails that I have already seen.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I am sorry but I am not able to download my update via Kies Air, can I get some steps by steps if possible.

Here is an attachment of my current version of ics. Is this what everybody else had before the upgrade?

- - - Updated - - -

Here is an attachment of my current version of ics. Is this what everybody else had before the upgrade?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-01-15-22-10-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-15-22-10-16.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 35

Bruh-Man

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
This new update totally messed up my Groove IP & GrooVe Forwarder setup. Now Groove Ip acts like it's making calls, but you can't hear anything but dead air nor does the number you called hear anything. I used to easily be able to make and receive calls using these apps before the update. I tried to uninstall and reinstall 2wice but I get the same thing.

D

Deleted member 100002

Yup. It's slicker than whale snot.

Did anyone notice you can minimize apps like facebook, drag it around your homepage and pin it/resize it to your page?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 using Android Central Forums

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Download the latest version of Kies. Connect your Note 10.1....
I really hate installing vendor or manufacturer software on any of my computers, but am almost antsy enough to do it. Are you forced to sync anything, or can you set it up not to, prior to connecting your device?

Also wondering if there's any priority between 16GB/32GB devices getting the update first...?

matadorx

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the GT-N8013 16gb still running 4.0.4....

When I try the OTA I get the same 'wait in line' message, so I tried to use Kies as suggested. But Kies wont do it either, unless Im doing it wrong..

24gso6v.jpg

It doesnt even show what firmware my tablet has nor does it let me upgrade.

20fd3n.jpg

When I go to 'Tools' and click 'Firmware Upgrade and Initilazation' I get this message.

Am I doing something wrong? TIA

J Teezy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
This new update totally messed up my Groove IP & GrooVe Forwarder setup. Now Groove Ip acts like it's making calls, but you can't hear anything but dead air nor does the number you called hear anything. I used to easily be able to make and receive calls using these apps before the update. I tried to uninstall and reinstall 2wice but I get the same thing.

Same here

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Dee Veritatis

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else getting stuck using Kies to upgrade. I get past the downloading of the firmware and decompile, however right after it starts installing the drivers again and after they successfully install i get a message saying PC failed to recognise the mobile phone and then gives me instructions but starts the whole process over again. 6th time I have tried now with the same results. Anyone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC