'S Pen only' mode in S Note

ridlow

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey,

Apologies if I'm missing something obvious, but ever since the update I'm finding this feature very troublesome. I use S Note almost every day for note taking and always found it brilliant, and almost always had the 'S Pen only' mode on, as I like to rest my hand on the screen. Since the update however, even with 'S Pen only' mode on, when I rest my hand on the screen it still messes with the zoom and often scrolls the page up, down or sideways. It doesn't actually draw anything but it is making it very hard to write comfortably and doesn't seem to be working correctly.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem, or if not is it possible to uninstall the update? As I said I use S Note a lot and I'm finding the way it is now to be one huge headache.

Thanks.

Ron Johnson 4164

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
When you open a note on the bottom of the note,there's a small icon that looks like a hand with a circle (the International no sign).click it.

- - - Updated - - -

When you open a note on the bottom of the note,there's a small icon that looks like a hand with a circle (the International no sign).click it.

ridlow

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply but I mean that having done that and turned the mode on, touching the screen with my hand is still altering the zoom and scrolling of the page, which it didn't do prior to the update.

Ron Johnson 4164

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply but I mean that having done that and turned the mode on, touching the screen with my hand is still altering the zoom and scrolling of the page, which it didn't do prior to the update.
Solution: Restore note to 100 percent, tap screen once with s-pen. Problem solved

Ron Johnson 4164

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Pinch and zoom until you get it where you want it, then tap. On the right you can see the percentage. The only way you can get to do it again is really press haerd. That worked in ICS better though. It looks like a bug.

Last edited:

bryan_cfii

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
YES!!! I have the same issue and it's driving me nuts!!! Anybody know how to fix? I know the Bestbuy floor model I used was an older version of android/touch wiz and the sales guy showed me a ignore all other inputs option. That worked great for me. ONLY the spen worked when out. Now, I have all the same issues as ridlow!!!
Hey,

Apologies if I'm missing something obvious, but ever since the update I'm finding this feature very troublesome. I use S Note almost every day for note taking and always found it brilliant, and almost always had the 'S Pen only' mode on, as I like to rest my hand on the screen. Since the update however, even with 'S Pen only' mode on, when I rest my hand on the screen it still messes with the zoom and often scrolls the page up, down or sideways. It doesn't actually draw anything but it is making it very hard to write comfortably and doesn't seem to be working correctly.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem, or if not is it possible to uninstall the update? As I said I use S Note a lot and I'm finding the way it is now to be one huge headache.

Thanks.

bryan_cfii

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I also wished it worked. Will probably flash to restore original software for the time being. Actually, will probably try Lecture Notes app first. Not as fancy, but hear it's real reliable.

That just makes a dot drawn. Would love to know how to quickly resize to 100% as you say.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

Blank6

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Started happening to me too at my Windows 8 tablet, it's driving me insane:(
I think it's not a bug because if you hover with the pen over the surface, the hand can't zoom or scroll.
It's just a bad feature, did you find any solution?