Save to SD card

ykariv

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
If you copy files/folder using usb cable/wifi you can copy directly into ex sd folder
For camera you can change the default folder
Office "save as" you can select the sd
You can also copy/move files from internal sd into ex sd using "my file" app

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Android Central Forums

tonebones

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If you go to xda note 10.1 forums under the sub cat "android development " there is a way but you have to root the phone, i am running it now apps2exsd.......

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

androider73

May 14, 2013
Visit site
As others have noted, if you're willing to root, there are work arounds. If you retain Samsung's stock FW, I'd be leery of these workarounds. Samsung has destabilized micro SD cards in the last push update by adding code to create an option to "protect" the card by allowing the user to require apps to request permission to access the external SD card (found under deveoper's section in settings). This code is causing tablets to lose the ability to read the card and requires a reboot for the card to be read again. Why Samsung added this code is unclear but it's buggy and I hope they delete it soon.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
This is why you get the 32GB model for the N10.1 so the thought of not having enough space for apps is not even the remotest concern. If you only have the 16GB model, you really have to use an SD card for photos, videos, music, and docs (because you may well need all your internal storage for apps). You should have no problem saving all of those things to the SD card -- at the very least, saving to the SD card is an option in the settings for most apps, and in some cases (like the camera), you'll be asked after putting in the SD card whether you want to save to the card.

Peaches36

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I had that problem too.. I bought the 16g model and had instant regrets. I went to Best Buy and got the 32g model for $479.99(amazon's current price)..
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2