Not sure about the Note, or an Ipad "4"(even though it's just an upgraded 3rd gen)

Brad Ames

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I've been wondering which I should get, I used to own an iPad and have about $500 in stuff on it, but the Galaxy Note 10.1 I played with it for about 20 mins at a best buy...I liked it and it seemed really responsive, and has a Wacom Digitizer (huge plus because I draw). I wanted to know Spec wise, Price Wise, and Software wise which is better? I don't care about the stuff I own on the iPad (Except for BASIC and CODEA Programming apps) And would like to know if there is something Comparable for the Galaxy note!

I've heard all kinds of Android horror stories and apple ones, so Myths aside, I just want to know which is best? :D

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I've been wondering which I should get, I used to own an iPad and have about $500 in stuff on it, but the Galaxy Note 10.1 I played with it for about 20 mins at a best buy...I liked it and it seemed really responsive, and has a Wacom Digitizer (huge plus because I draw). I wanted to know Spec wise, Price Wise, and Software wise which is better? I don't care about the stuff I own on the iPad (Except for BASIC and CODEA Programming apps) And would like to know if there is something Comparable for the Galaxy note!

I've heard all kinds of Android horror stories and apple ones, so Myths aside, I just want to know which is best? :D

My honest opinion is that the iPad is better for media consumption like watching YouTube videos and if you are obsessed with "Tablet Optimized Apps" (I think that's a gimmick). But I feel that the Note 10.1 is superior for anyone who will use a tab for creative purposes, work purposes, or schooling. There are other tablets available if you must have your videos in 1080 HD, but if you are happy with this screen res (I think it's perfectly acceptable) then I believe this is the best tab on the market right now.

I can't speak to Android Comparable apps like you asked, but I will say that if you draw this is the perfect option. My brother draws a ton and he borrowed my Note 10.1 everytime I saw him until he got a Note 2.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Let me start by saying that I'm not a fan of Apple whatsoever, hate them and the way they run things. I think they are overpriced and Android is much more open and free, in my opinion. I use to have an Ipad 2 and 3, they work, but drawing was a pain and got bored after 6 months with it. Sold it and picked up the Galaxy Note 10.1. Way better for drawing. Drawing with a digitizer stylus with the thinner stylus tip, I can get much more detail in drawings. I use it every night to play draw something and draw in other apps. I would definitely go with the Galaxy Note 10.1 for drawing and note taking especially.
On another Ipad note, I just picked up this week, the Ipad Mini. I like the smaller size. The only reason I went back to Apple and bought it, is there is a drawing app I love on the Ipad called Doodla, which I contacted and they have no plans to make the app available for Android. So besides that and a few other apps, that's my only reason for buying it. I forgot how hard it is too Draw with a thicker rubber tipped stylus. I can do it and have to get use to doing it again, but way more advantages to the Galaxy Note 10.1 for the thinner stylus tip and the apps you can use it with. I am not sure if I'm keeping the Ipad mini, but I am liking the smaller size of it for portabiliy.

Brad Ames

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
It'll be a few months before I buy because I have bills :eek: so..I'm thinking a 16Gb Galaxy Note 10.1 unless they come out with a Note 2 before then XD, The iPad here is $399 and the Note $500, but I think I'll save for the note..On the note of styluses however, they do make a small tipped stylus for iPad by I think Adonis. Just as long as Colors!/Sketchbook Pro look good :3 and...maaaaybe some good games are on android or some Programming apps that are actually good it's the Galaxy Note :D

Brad Ames

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I would request anyone to tell me about their stories using this Galaxy note ^.^ how capable is it really? I've read it's about twice as powerful as the new iPad..and I believe it has a Tegra in it?

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I would request anyone to tell me about their stories using this Galaxy note ^.^ how capable is it really? I've read it's about twice as powerful as the new iPad..and I believe it has a Tegra in it?

This might sound stupid but I honestly don't know where to start. It's as great as any other Tablet that I've ever seen, but then it also has the S Pen. How can you beat that? If you just want it to do tablet things, it wont let you down. Then when you want it to do artistic or creative things, almost nothing else comes close.

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Ahhhh. Let me get this straight. You want us to write essays about our experiences using the Note, am I right? Why don't you watch some videos on YouTube (there are only about a zillion of them) on the Note or the Note vs the iPad. And there's lot of stuff already on this board, including pros and cons. Sorry, I don't mean to be snippy, but there's plenty of info out there. You can check out CNET or TechnoBuffalo or Mobile Tech Review (my favorite) for all sorts of good advice.

Oh, and no, it's not a Tegra device. It's better. It Exynos Quad Core device.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Best is subjective. Che k out the online info, video and reviews for both and decide what features you love and hate about both. Then you will have a winner. I would go note, then Nexus and in the tenth place, iPad.

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Best is subjective. Che k out the online info, video and reviews for both and decide what features you love and hate about both. Then you will have a winner. I would go note, then Nexus and in the tenth place, iPad.

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

Best is subjective alright; it's kind of impossible to answer. If anyone has a specific question about the Note, we might be able to answer it. But "should I get [tablet A] or the Note..." forget it. We don't know. And, I'll tell you quite frankly, I couldn't care less which device a person would rather get. I like Samsung's products, but I'm not their cheerleader. People should get whatever they feel suits themself best.