How to remove the red GMail app?

laollis

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I have GMail on my Note and want it off. I can't find a way to remove it. Anyone... know how?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

flywithlloyd

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
You can disable it, though! Go into your application manager, select "all", find Gmail, clear the data, then select disable.

I hate Gmail, and I have it disabled on all of my devices.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

n0m0n

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
You can disable it, though! Go into your application manager, select "all", find Gmail, clear the data, then select disable.

I hate Gmail, and I have it disabled on all of my devices.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

What are you using if not the gMail app?

Thanks

n0m0n

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I use the standard email app. I've had my own domain name for about 10 years now, and I've never been into this whole Gmail thing.

Yeah I understand but I don't have a domain of my own so gMail was the only options.
I'll take a look at the standard app.

flywithlloyd

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I understand but I don't have a domain of my own so gMail was the only options.
I'll take a look at the standard app.

Yeah, most people don't have their own domain. I like it because I have the same email address that I've had for years and years. I had it before the Gmail boom, and I'll have it after. It never matters to me when they change their policies and whatnot - nothing changes for me. And, if I want that email address to disappear for a couple of weeks and then return, it can. I can have 30 email addresses on any of my domains if I want!

You can use the standard app for Gmail, as well.

n0m0n

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, most people don't have their own domain. I like it because I have the same email address that I've had for years and years. I had it before the Gmail boom, and I'll have it after. It never matters to me when they change their policies and whatnot - nothing changes for me. And, if I want that email address to disappear for a couple of weeks and then return, it can. I can have 30 email addresses on any of my domains if I want!

Can I ask with who and how much?

- - - Updated - - -

Can I ask with who and how much?

flywithlloyd

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Mine is through Bravenet (there are 1000 choices, but I stick with them because that's where I got it initially, and that's where I have my domains hosted). I spend $8.95/Year for each domain registration (I have a few), and I think $7.00/month for hosting. That gives me 30 GB of online storage for anything that I want. It's not free, but I sure have a helluva lot of flexibility.