Snote: So many ways to take Notes!!

ilgal

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
During the S Note share process, JPG is an option, so no extra step (going from PDF to JPG). (See note #16 above)

Have you tried any of these suggestions yet?

I'd prefer jpg, but I guess I can also convert the pdfs if there isn't anything else. I just hate the extra step.

Terran White

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Snote does all of those things. I will be filming another video that will show you all what snote can do. I am still finding new ways to do my notes on snote.

Terran White

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Some of my professors format the notes as powerpoint or pdfs. They post the notes a few hours before class, so I just go to the library and convert the slides and save the pdf directly into my dropbox account. I will look into other office apps to see what they may offer.

lucasbuck

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes, been trying all of them, S-Note does look like the best for what I'm doing. One other question though (sorry to be a pain). Is there a way to add a template to S-Note other than importing an image every time?

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Like all of us, the more we use this option, the more we demand from it. Twice I have experienced difficulty saving a file. This last time a rename was necessary to save it in SNotes, not a big deal. The ability to work with multiple pdf files is a necessity. Between Lecture Notes & SNotes, the job gets done.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

jorang

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Some of my professors format the notes as powerpoint or pdfs. They post the notes a few hours before class, so I just go to the library and convert the slides and save the pdf directly into my dropbox account. I will look into other office apps to see what they may offer.

I'm qiute new to Note 10.1 and would like to get a 'kickstart' on how to take notes using it. Got the same problem as you Terran - professors often leave handouts or presentations online just a few minutes before lecture starts - and they also often leave them in original Office files such as PP, XL or Word

If I'm presented with original PP files from the lecturer (ppt og pptx) how do procceed to take notes on those. I usually don't have access to a computer to convert from PP til pdf og jpg.
Are there an app for Note that can handle direct import so I'm ready to take notes straight away - or are there any other necessary steps I need to go through?

It there a way to perform all steps on my Note?

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Awesome video I've been trying to learn how to use this to write notes for class and your video helped tremendously

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Terran White

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
You can open the powerpoint in polaris office, open the menu, and save as pdf. It only saves one slide per page (I prefer 4 slides to a page-hopefully they will add a away to do that). You can then import to snote. Also, you can normally save the powerpoint directly to your tablet from online, if the professor enables mobile device downloads. If they do not, then you will have to find a browser that will download it in a desktop format. Hope this helped.

jorang

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely.
Found this solution myselves (after updating Polaris)

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Terran White

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Last edited:

milessthomas

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I gotta say I've been using the LectureNotes app for about 3 weeks now and have found it to be everything I wish S-Note was, despite some pitfalls. The developer is highly responsive to questions and feature requests, and most of the requests appear quickly in the next release. The learning curve for the layout and menus is a little difficult to grasp at first but after awhile you realize thats because there are just so many features.

My greatest annoyance with S-Note was having to open the tool drawer so often when I'm relying so heavily on customized handwriting. I like to handwrite all of my notes in class, and the optional "show toolbox" panel is customizable to 15 pens, and a number of presets. It stays wherever you put the panel until you turn it off, and is I can quickly pick freehand pens or temporarily choose a straight line or shape tool to make perfect underlines and horizontal rules.

At this point I wouldn't advise LectureNotes for people that want to have on the fly handwriting to text recognition. I feel that text input will improve with successive versions, but for now it is primarily a freehand handwriting and annotation tool. Between LectureNotes (4$ and some change) and OfficeSuite Pro 7 (on sale right now) I manage much better than I ever did in polaris and s-note. If you all have any questions about the app feel free to ask me. I will be making a video tutorial of LectureNotes soon, similar to a Terrans videos for S-Note.

Sorry for the thread diversion btw, Terran's videos were a great help in orienting me to S-Note and I'd like to give the same help with LectureNotes. Also*** s-pen recognition and touch rejection works much better in LectureNotes, like S-Note used to.

THANK YOU Terran for all of your previous help with S-Note!

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I agree with you on Lecture Notes being a great app. I helped someone who was having problems with being able to edit notes after being sent to dropbox and then brought back into S Note app. At least in Lecture Notes you can send a Note to dropbox then bring it back in and edit it. Although, I think Terran explained how to do this in S Note. At the time I found Lecture Notes and at that time figured out how to do it. It's a great app and lots of people give it High ratings in the app store. I'm still stuck on S Note though, for my drawings. I use other apps also, but like the S Note app for what I use it for.

milessthomas

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Do you mean multiple separate Pdfs or multi-page pdfs?

It definitely imports multi-page pdfs as of the last three releases or so, it uses a plugin from the developer called pdf view. The developer had to create his own pdf toolkit because others available are proprietary. He's also opened development for other developers to use pdf view to enable import in their applications. I will detail importing pdfs in my video later.

If you do mean multiple separate pdf files in one import, I can't even do that in s-note as far as I know.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Lecture Notes allows the importing of more than one pdf file. S-Notes starts by allowing the importing of one pdf file.

Sent from my Sprint Note 2 via Tapatalk.

ilgal

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
OK - I'll bite. I only have the trial version of Lecture Notes, and maybe this isn't possible, but can you take photos while in-note (as you can with S Note), and is it possible to import images? I haven't been able to find the menu option to so. I have enabled all the toolbar tools.

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital