Pros & cons Of Rooting?

Herb_Gotti

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
'what is the point? I have owned an Android Since the G1. never rooted any of my phones. the only reason I would is to get jelly Bean - Can You Brick a note 10-l?

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Well another member here helped me out with rooting, and I did it because of an app I really wanted to use. The pro's are the ability to use certain apps, including the likes of Titanium Backup (which I fully suggest, because I did a factory reset, rooted again, and because of that app I was able to get all my data back for my games and other apps.) and other apps like Screencaster.

The cons would be accidentally using the wrong firmware or root file when going through the root process. When unrooting, I was using the wrong firmware and totally freaked out for a few hours till the correct one was found. I thought I bricked my device, but it turns out that it's easy to fix with the right files and after that, the process is fast.

glitchgod

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Okay my qu3stion is this now....
I just want ot be able to kill the crap ware that I cant disable and thats it.
So if I root it with me being 4.1.2 what happens when 4.2 comes out do I do a factory restore then hunt down an updated version for the flash software ?

Honestly I just want better controll with what is running and not running if that makes any sense

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49