Spell Check on Note 10.1

n0m0n

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Hello,
I have not installed any 3rd party keyboard because I didn't know if changing would change the sPen functionality.

That said I was wondering how I can get the spell check that I thought was part of the android OS?
I have a Razr Maxx HD and it has a spell check that I can access within settings Language Input as well I have this option on my Samsung Nexus phone.

Right now when I type a message within the mail app or anywhere the spell check doesn't appear.

Thanks

roguetrader

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I installed Swype Beta on my 10.1 - I can type very quickly by swiping the keyboard (which is customisable & re-sizable). The built in spell check works brilliantly & it 'learns' your writing style. Voice input is also supported. That way I can leave my Samsung keyboard on handwriting input mode & all you have to do is switch between them by tapping the small icon in the bottom notification bar and selecting samsung keyboard; this also has a spell check, which is automatic & continuous, but first you have to install your selected language in the keyboard settings ( button between 'sym' & 'spacebar') & download it. The predictive text works quite well too. Google voice typing is also selectable via the toggle at the bottom of notification bar. Using this set-up I can quickly swipe type, handwrite type or voice type. Hope that helps.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Android Central Forums

n0m0n

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Yes that helps very much.
I was hoping that the Samsung keyboard had spell check, personal dictionary built in as my Razr Maxx HD has these options available right out of the box.
Ive used Swype in the past in fact I was a early tester.
I've since switched to a keyboard called Kii offers everything that Swype does and more in my opinion.

Again I was hoping not to have to add a 3rd party because of the sPen option, I've read that some ppl have lose some of the functionality that the sPen offers.

Let me know what you think of Kii if you check it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12