No Keyboard Tap Sound

btgarris

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I cannot for the life of me get the keys on my on screen keyboard to "click" when im typing. The vibration works fine but the key taps refuse to function. I have enabled the key tap sounds from the language and input options. I have set all the volume settings up and still nothing. I just went to best buy to try theirs and theirs works fine. However, theirs is a 16gb and mine is a 32gb. I have also tried returning the keyboard settings to default and agin, still nothing. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Fyi, I AM using the stock keyboard.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
It's working on mine on the Samsung Keyboard. Sounds like you have everything set correctly in the settings also. I went to Settings/language and input/the settings wheel next to samsung keyboard and samsung keyboard is checked/ Advanced/Key-Tap sound is Checked. As is Key-Tap Vibration. I hear it on my 32gb N8013 Galaxy Note 10.1. My problem is I have the Swiftkey Keyboard checked and every time I reboot my tablet, it reverts back to the Samsung Keyboard, so am just using that Until Swiftkey gets this bug fixed.

btgarris

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Just in case anyone else encounters this problem I have figured out what was going on. After exhausting everything I could possible think of I decided to do a factory reset and it worked!...well kinda. When I reset the tablet and went through the initisl samsung and gmail account setup, thr keys were tapping as they should be. Well after finishing the gmail setup the screen flashed, got brighter, then a notification flashed saying the system had been updated or something. The next screen was to setup my dropbox account. When I went to put in my login info I realized the key sounds were no longer working. I finished the setup, checked the settings and everything was checked like it should have been but still no sound.I decided to do another factory reset but this time skip the initial setup and go straight to the home screen. I then started setting my accounts up one by one. I have now gotten everything set back up and everything is working like it should. Im not sure what exactly caused the glitch in the system but am glad it's working properly now. Hopefully this will help someone in the futute since it appears im the only one whos had this issue thusfar.

Jimbohorn

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Just in case anyone else encounters this problem I have figured out what was going on. After exhausting everything I could possible think of I decided to do a factory reset and it worked!...well kinda. When I reset the tablet and went through the initisl samsung and gmail account setup, thr keys were tapping as they should be. Well after finishing the gmail setup the screen flashed, got brighter, then a notification flashed saying the system had been updated or something. The next screen was to setup my dropbox account. When I went to put in my login info I realized the key sounds were no longer working. I finished the setup, checked the settings and everything was checked like it should have been but still no sound.I decided to do another factory reset but this time skip the initial setup and go straight to the home screen. I then started setting my accounts up one by one. I have now gotten everything set back up and everything is working like it should. Im not sure what exactly caused the glitch in the system but am glad it's working properly now. Hopefully this will help someone in the futute since it appears im the only one whos had this issue thusfar.

I had the same problem with my galaxy pro 10.1 I noticed that it shut off the sound one night when I put my pad in battery saver mode. It has taken me a week to figure it out. Here is what I found.

Settings/Device/Sounds At the very top of the right side of the page it says SOUNDS - and then SYSTEM click on this and the 3rd selection down you will see the selection SYSTEM again, move the slider over to the right and tada you now have keyboard sounds again.

Jimbo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar