Is there a way to get an imported image to "Stick" in one place in an SNote?

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I'm a bit baffled by how to do this or if it's even possible. I draw some images from the internet, so I like to use the Premium Suite Feature of drawing a line around an Image in the browser and dragging it into my Blank SNote page in the Duel View, to use as a reference for drawing the images. I make it a small square and can move around the page to use as a reference. When finishing up one drawing, I realized I ran out of room on the left side of the SNote to finish the drawing. So I opened another blank SNote after sharing the unfinished drawing to my gallery on my GN, and then brought the drawing into my new Blank SNote. I forget if I imported it or used the +image icon to bring it into the Blank SNote.
I was able to resize the blue box to a smaller size and then started to draw the rest of the drawing. My problem is, once a image is brought in, whether through the draw a line around with SPen and drag it from browser to SNote or the +image Icon in SNote, once there any time I click off the blue square to get the blue box to disappear, once I start to draw over it or color over it, the blue box appears and moves. This was a major problem finishing and coloring in the drawing. I got it all drawn out in the newer SNote with the resizing of the Blue box imported image, but found no Way to get the Image to be permanently Stationary. Any pressure on the image, would bring up the blue box with the different sizing points around it and the rotate at the top. Needless to say, I found this to be a real pain. I looked at all the SNote edit options, cut and paste, copy, and even in the list of options that opens up with the Blue Box around the imported image. Nothing to make it stick. The problem I have with this is, there is no way I can see to save, share, or export an Snote, and then bring it back to edit or permanently make an imported image stay stationary in one place.
Does anyone know a way to do either? I'm sure I'm missing something at least as far as saving and bringing an SNote back into SNote to edit an Image. If not that, anyone know how to make an Imported Image Stationary, so the blue box doesn't pop up everytime I press on the image? Thanks for any help someone can give me.:)

ilgal

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
When you do a long-press on the borders to get that blue box, you should get some options (move to top, move to bottom, etc.) Play around with those stacking settings and see if that solves your problem.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
ilgal, yeah, I already tried all those. Nothing worked in those options. If I long press or am coloring in over the imported image it moves. I'm trying to figure a way to Keep it in one place permenantly, just in case I run out of room on the SNote in the future, when drawing something. I can then bring the image back into an new SNote then resize smaller and continue to finish the drawing. My problem is once I tap off the blue box, it disappears, but when pressing the SPen on the image to color or continue drawing, the blue box reappears and moves, making it a fruitless effort. Is there a way I'm missing to save or export a SNote file, I use Dropbox or even to the Gallery, and then bring it back into SNote and edit it? If I save as a Jpeg, or .snb, and bring back in, I can't make any changes to the file. I know SNote is not really a drawing app, but I like to use it for some of the features it offers. I draw a lot of Cartoon stuff, so it works well for me.

roguetrader

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
There is an application called 'Traces' in the Samsung S-Suggest app store. The app lets you import an image from anywhere, or even take a picture. You can then trace on top of the image & colour or whatever, before removing the image! I see you can then share your work to many applications. I don't actually have it, but it looks great fun & suitable to your needs. Let me know how you get on!

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Android Central Forums

Scooter04

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Andy, I know exactly what your talking about. I have the same problem when you are writing or drawing and cross over the edge of a text box. It activates the blue border like I want to edit it, move it, etc.

Once you bring your images in from the internet to your snote page, you can export the snote. Hit the menu icon up in the right hand corner, the one that looks like 3 bars. You can export as jpg or pdf. Export as a pdf. Imort that pdf back into snotes and you will no longer have the blue border issue. You will no longer be able to edit the position or sizes of the individual images either. Kind of a pain but I its the only way I have come up with at the moment. Hope that helps and makes sense.

Edit- Re-read your last post. If you still want to edit the images this wont help. I wish you could lock the blue boxes or set the time for the long tap to activate or something. Goodluck.

roguetrader

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Further to my earlier post 're. 'Traces' - I decided to get it & give it a try. Don't bother! It's rubbish, won't let you save & return to your work. I've mailed the developers; if you're going to create an app for a specific device, then it should be flawless - this looks like a weak attempt at profiteering & was wholly inadequate. I'll keep you posted about their response.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Android Central Forums

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Here is an image of what happened and what I was trying to do. As you can see by the line drawing, I ran out of room on the Left Side of the S Note to finish the drawing.
1bb3bd53-71d1-4fc4-986e-b866adfd54df_zps159c55dd.jpg

As you can See I had the clipped image from the internet on the top to use as a reference. That's fine, but when I needed to get the line drawing into a new S Note to resize the line drawing I was doing, it comes in as a blue box that I can resize. That worked fine. I can make the drawing smaller and then continue to draw on the smaller Line drawing and finish it inside the new S Note I added the Line Drawing Image to. The problem was when I tried to continue the drawing on the Imported image and every time I would come near the edge of the drawing and put pressure with the S Pen, it would bring up the blue Box, sometimes moving the position of the line drawing. I would have to realign the line drawing, then I would have to tap off of it, to get the blue box to disappear and then try to draw again. It became an ongoing process, getting worse by the time I started to add Color to the drawing and was coloring it in. Every few seconds something would bring the blue box back. It was quite tedious. I really wish there was a way to make the added image once resized, to be able to make permanent and not be able to bring the Blue Box up again, unless maybe needed as an option. I did finally finish the drawing. Here it is, but took way longer than it should have.
b35487c1-c486-4968-9c1a-3505618b02f1_zpsec5e668e.jpg

On a side note, not being able to edit drawings or Notes for that matter, once I upload to gallery or Dropbox, was a problem I had in the past with S Notes. With Notes I just switched to Lecture Notes, where I can save a drawing to the GN or Dropbox and bring back into the app and be able to edit either drawings or Notes. Meaning I can add an Image or Note and be able to erase, edit, add, or anything you might want to do in Lecture Notes. Works great for Notes, but I like the S Note app For Drawing a lot more than Lecture Notes. Lecture Notes does have drawing Capabilities, but not as nice as S Note, which I prefer.

Last edited: