How to delete/unistall Preloaded Google/Samsung apps

EndeverouX

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
How do I delete/unistall Preloaded Google/Samsung apps. The option is not there to unistall some bloatware that comes with samsung and google like chaton, google books, google movies...you guys get the idea...

help... go easy on me....im not a pro at this...lol..thankx guys

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
How do I delete/unistall Preloaded Google/Samsung apps. The option is not there to unistall some bloatware that comes with samsung and google like chaton, google books, google movies...you guys get the idea...

You're going to have to root it and then get an app to either uninstall them or freeze them.

EndeverouX

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
You're going to have to root it and then get an app to either uninstall them or freeze them.

I was thinking rooting was the only way to go...which is no biggie...

so after I root it...whenever there are more android firmware updates, do I have to root it again?

do you only root it once? or everytime there is an update?

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking rooting was the only way to go...which is no biggie...

so after I root it...whenever there are more android firmware updates, do I have to root it again?

do you only root it once? or everytime there is an update?

I believe you root it every time there is a firmware update. I've only rooted mine twice, but not because of any update, and so am also new to it.

EndeverouX

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I believe you root it every time there is a firmware update. I've only rooted mine twice, but not because of any update, and so am also new to it.
is rooting a galaxy note 10.1 , galaxy s2 or s3 or note all the same procedure? is there a detailed HOW TO root thread/info in here? I am assuming you are rooting ICS/Jellybean OS itself...

ishore99

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

Rather than root, I just hid the ones that I don't want.

EndeverouX

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Rather than root, I just hid the ones that I don't want.

thanx for the suggestion, but I think you are missing the whole point... eventually all this unwanted apps/bloatware comsumes valuable system storage... I dont wanna hide it it... I wanna delete them an get space back for apps that I personally need it... no offense I dont need apps like Chaton...google books, etc...

thats my point...

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
is rooting a galaxy note 10.1 , galaxy s2 or s3 or note all the same procedure? is there a detailed HOW TO root thread/info in here? I am assuming you are rooting ICS/Jellybean OS itself...

Think so.

What is your tablets model number?

Here's how to root - Don't forget to download the required drivers and Odin, and that on your tablet, go to your settings and in the Developer section make sure you've got USB debugging enabled. Root Galaxy Note 10.1 N8020 on Android 4.1.2 XXBMA6 Jelly Bean Official Firmware [Tutorial] Here's another one, one that I used How to Root Galaxy Note 10.1! | Root Galaxy Note

However, go here for the correct firmware! samfirmware.com Best place for it

Rockdog97

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
for all your rooting and customization needs:

Be sure you do your searches before asking questions on this site as they are not very tolerant of people who ask the same questions that have been answered a gazzilion times. but this site has more information that anyone/any other site.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - xda-developers

Playboy1938

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Re "For all your rooting and customization needs: Be sure you do your searches before asking questions on this site as they are not very tolerant of people who ask the same questions that have been answered a gazzilion times. but this site has more information that anyone/any other site.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - xda-developers"

What an arrogant and useless comment! I just bought at an exorbidant price my Galaxy Note 3 (the Note 4 is even worse in $) It is filled with pop-ups and even several days after opening it, I'm still getting apps installed without permission. This morning when I took my mail, i got instead ChatON, SketchBook for Galaxy, an app for children's stories, and several others that I forgot the name since i disabled them all. But looking at the "settings/application manager" they are still hiding there, using up my memory. I would be very grateful for patient, semi-intelligent responses to those of us caught in what any other provider would call a scam, if not a malicious virus.

Icegoddess

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I think Rockdog97 was referring to the XDA Developer's site when he was saying "this site is not very tolerant....", which he has a link to in his post. It was just meant to be a warning about how the people there react.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol