Verizon Note 10.1

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I now officially own a new Verizon LTE Note 10.1. I picked mine up this morning at 9:00 and got the first one. I will be returning my wifi model to Costco.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Harlemknight

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Have you had time to check it out? Did Verizon strip it like they did my Galaxy Note 2? That's the only reason I got the wifi one, because Verizon hadn't raped it. Love mines by the way, and I just use my phone as a hotspot.

sko580

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Love to hear how it is working for you. I find the 16GB a bit on the low side. Especially since apps cannot be moved to the SD card. I have the Note 2 and have about 3 GB left. Since I plan to use the Galaxy 10.1 as my daily work device, I can only assume that I will eventually need more than 16GB.

I have a few diagnostic software and reference software that is taking up the space.

Zs2art

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I am waiting on our Director or Comm to bring on back from VZW that is going to our CFO. I want to play with it for a min to see how it is. Question, I suppose its too early for it to be rooted or have the bootloader unlocked and ROM it out. Let me know if anyone has evidence to the contrary. I got the boss man to really enjoy Beans Town on the Note 2 and he wants on on the 10.1LTE as well but I have a feeling it may be some time...

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had much time to really pay with it yet, but I noticed that blocking mode is gone like my N2. There is a little bit of bloat, but not too bad.

I agree on the 16gb. I have a 32gb sd card installed for music and the like. I have chosen not to install a lot of big games to help keep the available storage in check. I will mainly be using it for note taking, web browsing, calendar and watching movies.

I am giving up my 3rd gen ipad with VZ LTE because I really like the Note experience. I got really bored with ios.

I will try and report back with any differences I encounter compared to the wifi model.

sko580

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I had the ipad with Verizon LTE as well. The prepaid worked for me. Quick question... Does the Note 10.1 have the hot spot feature? The ipad had this and was useful when I needed it and didn't cost me to use this feature.

I haven't had much time to really pay with it yet, but I noticed that blocking mode is gone like my N2. There is a little bit of bloat, but not too bad.

I agree on the 16gb. I have a 32gb sd card installed for music and the like. I have chosen not to install a lot of big games to help keep the available storage in check. I will mainly be using it for note taking, web browsing, calendar and watching movies.

I am giving up my 3rd gen ipad with VZ LTE because I really like the Note experience. I got really bored with ios.

I will try and report back with any differences I encounter compared to the wifi model.

sko580

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Started to look into the memory storage on my Note 2. Looks like I only have about 2.5GB of software installed. Majority of my media is stored on the external card. I found out that Dogcatcher was storing old and already listened to podcasts on the device. Changed a setting in that app and got back 2GB. The only other culprit I see that is taking up a lot of storage space is an app called cloudagent. I will need to look into that see what going with that.

If I can get my storage issues taken care of, the 16GB on the Note 10.1 may not be that bad. I was looking at Verizon's selection of tablets. Other than the ipad, 16GB seems to be their flavor. I am not giving much hope to see a 32GB Note 10.1 anytime soon.

Thanks to everyone with their input. I may just stop by a Verizon store this weekend.

Last edited:

Zs2art

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Well I didnt get long with it but I like that Note on VZW. I cant get enough of LTE speed and even tho Sprint just turned it on around here Verizon is the only one worth using... Anyway now I have a problem, I got my Boss' Boss (our CFO) to fall in love with Beans Town ROM on his Note 2 and he wants it on the Note 10.1. He has asked me twice a day since I gave it to him stock. He is putting nearly nothing on is and does not want it rooted or anything done. I am really keeping my fingers crossed that ROM hits before I get to line up at the unemployment office. Especially before I can convince my boss I need a note 10.1 on VZW as well so I can provide support. ;)

sko580

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I want to love this thing. Syncing S-Note using the Samsung account allowed my notes to be on both the Note 2 and Note 10.1. This is a great feature. However, I found a couple of bugs on the Verizon Note 10.1 that I was hoping anyone here could help validate. Here are a list of things:

* Unable to shut off cellular radio. So far the best way to shut off cellular radio is by enabling airplane mode and then turn back on wifi. Checking off the mobile data box does not turn off the cellular modem.
* Unable to use Samsung App Store. Crashes when installing Samsung App.
* Slow wifi speeds. Webpages tend to load slower than usual while using wifi.
* When opening a note in S-Note, screen goes to full brightness when using in low light/dark environment.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz