New Note 10.1 coming anytime this year?

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I could be wrong, but i'm assuming the Note 8.0 is the new 10.1. I hope not, because I love the size of my 10.1 but I haven't heard a single thing about a new one coming. Last year at this time we had heard a lot about it.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
It always amazes me how every time I read someone's comments on the GN 10.1, there always seems to be a comment about the Screen Resolution. I'm older and don't have the best eyes, but I find the Samsung Devices, my GS lll phone and my Samsung GN 10.1, both have gorgeous displays. I really don't have a problem with them not Being HD displays. I can read things fine and I watch some videos on it, I just don't get what the problem everyone sees with the Display is? Can you please tell me what exactly your problem is with the Screen Resolution on it? Just so maybe I better understand where all these comments are coming from. I mean, your talking about a 10" tablet, not a big 50" Widescreen TV display or something. I really don't get it. There are other Tablets with better screen resolution on them, I like what the GN has to offer and although It would be nice to have HD display, the Screen resolution is not why I bought it. I had an Ipad 3 with the Retina Display, I got bored with it and sold it. The display didn't make me want to keep it and that had a nice screen resolution.

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I see no point in releasing a new Note 10.1 w/i a year of release of the first. The lower resolution is a function of the digitizer and will only be slightly improved on the smaller screen Note 8.0. Perhaps a higher rez non-note 10.1 but not a note. It makes sense to focus on the smaller Note tab and then revisit the 10.1" note if the hardware advances enable a new capability. And frankly, I am with Andy on screen rez issue, not enough reason alone to release a new Note 10.1 so soon.

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I agree with the two above me. The screen resolution is perfectly fine for me, and I'm more interested in more ram anyways. I'd love to see a 4G ram Note 10.1, would make gaming and larger canvas (for art) so much better.

etexans82

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
The screen is fine for you and your needs....I would prefer a better screen resolution. I love what the note has to offer but with something like the screen, something ill be viewing text and using for viewing other things on a daily basis with todays technology there is just no reason to spend $500 on device with 149ppi I've heard the rumors about the a possible galaxy tab 3 with a screen res of the nexus 10 samsung made for google so maybe I will wait for that.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
That's what I was saying in my reply. There are other Tablets with better screen resolution out there. Asus Infinity, i personally would never get an Asus, as they lag terribly. Google Nexus 10. Plenty of other options. If Screen resolution outweighs your needs for the S Pen and other things the GN offers, then go for another Tablet.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
The screen is fine for you and your needs....I would prefer a better screen resolution. I love what the note has to offer but with something like the screen, something ill be viewing text and using for viewing other things on a daily basis with todays technology there is just no reason to spend $500 on device with 149ppi I've heard the rumors about the a possible galaxy tab 3 with a screen res of the nexus 10 samsung made for google so maybe I will wait for that.

The funny thing about screen technology, is in 8 months, no one will want to spend money on the "horrible" screen of the Nexus 10. It's interesting how we are so impressed by one thing now, and then in less than a year it's a deal breaker and unacceptable.

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
The funny thing about screen technology, is in 8 months, no one will want to spend money on the "horrible" screen of the Nexus 10. It's interesting how we are so impressed by one thing now, and then in less than a year it's a deal breaker and unacceptable.

No kidding. Might be why I'm so comfortable with the Note 10.1's current screen resolution; because I know it's not the best and that in a year or so, the next one will have a better screen but I'll hang onto the one I have now and wait for the third version (if there will be one) or something similar. And then hold onto that one for at least two years.

bluzman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Then buy something else...and then when the rumor that something better than that one is coming you'll be asking "Will there be a new XYZ this year?". LOL

etexans82

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Man you guys get so offended when someone just request what they like, don't like and wish a tablet had. Chill guys I like the Note 10.1 too! I was just hoping they would release another soon with a higher res screen.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Man you guys get so offended when someone just request what they like, don't like and wish a tablet had. Chill guys I like the Note 10.1 too! I was just hoping they would release another soon with a higher res screen.

I didn't intend for my response to sound rude or offensive in any way. I apologize if it did. I was just saying it's funny how that happens with tech in general. We get so excited with one thing, and then so quickly it appears terrible because of the swift changing culture. The screen on the Note was below par when it was released, but it was still considered decent. Then we saw what Samsung could do when they released the Nexus 10, and suddenly the Note screen was a deal breaker.

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
That's why I'm picking one up at Costco, $429 and a 90 day return period. If a hint of a new 10" model comes out I'll return it and wait.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't like the look of the Note 8" being like a big phone. It looks just like my Galaxy S lll. I was hoping it would look like the Galaxy Tab 2 7" or at least like the GN 10.1 tablet. It's not Ghastly though. LOL. Not enough that I will not consider getting one. All I'm waiting for is the Price. If it's too expensive, that might be a deterrent from me getting one. I highly doubt that the next GN 10.1 is going to look like a Phone though. I would like the option to put any app in the multi view. I tried Rooting and using the app in the app store for it, but not every app works in the multi view. It would be nice to be able to do it without rooting. I also would like to see more RAM. I'm pretty happy with mine the way it is, but always happy to see more improvements on what's already there and anything new that will come to the table.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87