Browser Defaults for Verizon Note 10.1

sko580

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
For those with the Verizon Note 10.1, anyone here able to change the default browser to Chrome? I tried changing it through Application Manager in settings, but the button for default is grayed out.

bluzman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Interesting question. I checked my two browsers (stock Internet that came installed and Dolphin) to see if either had something in their Settings menu to allow you to set it as the default browser...no joy. Did the same on my Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus which has ICS (my GN has JB) to make sure it wasn't a Jelly Bean thing...same story. The only way I can think (there's probably another way of which I'm unaware) to set one as a default is to open an email in which a link to a web page is embedded (send one to yourself if you must). When you click on that link, you should get a box that asks which browser to use and whether or not to make it the default. I haven't tried this method but if I'm correct, then when you go to the Application Manager in the GN's Settings, the "Remove Default" button should be enabled. Let us know if this works. Good luck.

sko580

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I tried emailing myself with a link. When clicking on the link with the Verizon Note 10.1, I do not get an option to choose the browser. I have a funny feeling that the Verizon Note 10.1 may have locked the default browser.

Tested this same test on my Sprint Note 2, and on that device I get a pop up that says "Complete action using" with choices of browsers to use with "just once" or "always". I was hoping for this same behavior on the Verizon Note 10.1.

TimSuds

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I just tried this and was offered the option to open it with Chrome and set it to always do so.

Have you tried resetting your default program defaults in settings?

sko580

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Checked the setting for Chrome under Application Manager and still no go. Interestingly I do not see the stock browser listed, I wanted to clear the default in that as well to see if that worked.

So that we are on the same page, we are talking about the Galaxy Note 10.1 for Verizon LTE. I am curious if Verizon tooled around with their version vs the wifi from Samsung.

betsuni

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Checked the setting for Chrome under Application Manager and still no go. Interestingly I do not see the stock browser listed, I wanted to clear the default in that as well to see if that worked.

Since I don't have the VZN version I can't really help you with your exact problem. But I can help you find your default browser if you go into the Application Manager setting and swipe the list over two (Downloads, Running, All) you'll find your default browser under "Internet". This is assuming that it is the same for the wifi note 10.1 (which seems to be the same regardless of Samsung devices).

sko580

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks betsuni. I didn't realize you can swipe right to left for additional views. I thought there was only Downloads and Running. Swiping across revealed All and was able to find Internet listed there and cleared the default.

Thanks to all that tried to explain it to me but didn't get it.

Finally one less annoying thing that was bothering me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Millionmiles