Importing Photos

rcroe

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I want to export photos from my Nikon D5100 digital camera into my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. I know how to do so via my computer: export into the computer and then transfer into my Note 10.1. But I will be in Europe without my laptop so I have to do the transfer without a computer.

I initially thought I could transfer the photos to the Note via a flash: export from the digital camera into a flash and then use the USB cable for the Note 10.1 to transfer the photos from the flash into the Note. But neither USB cable (for the camera or the Note 10.1) fits into the flash.

How do I export photos from the D5100 to the Note 10.1 without having to use a computer?

Thanks.

rcroe

Read more: Exporting Photos to Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I recently shot a wedding in Las Vegas using my tablet to view the files off the SD card. I used the Juiced card reader / usb card reader linked above. Now the Note 10.1 wont read NEF camera raw by default but I used a photo viewer and editor called Photomate Professional. It has a pretty darn good RAW editor with all the sliders you would find in the Adobe Camera Raw editor and most of the exposure controls you find in Lightroom. The UI could use some work to make it easier to control and I didnt feel like I had the precision of a mouse and keyboard but for a mobile solution it wa pretty great. Allowed me to export as Jpegs and using that same USB card reader I created thumb drives of the pics for the wedding party.

Two notes on the card reader. When you plug it into the note 10.1 it doesn't quite seat properly. If you push it in all the way it doesn't make contact, you actually have to pull it out slightly. Maybe that was just mine but it seemed to have a range of working and not. The second point cards or USB sticks larger than 8 gigs did not seem to work, on XDA I read those devices required to much power to work.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

bluzman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
@Mike 1978
FWIW, you got me curious after reading your comments about inconsistent connections and acceptable USB storage size. My Juiced seems to connect every time. Also, inserting a 16 GB SanDisk Cruzer (don't have anything bigger to try), automatically opens My Files app without any issues. Was also able to unmount and remount the USB stick without problems.

rcroe

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I ended up buying a SanDisk Ultra microSDXC card (64GB) with adapter and put it into my Nikon 5100 digital. I took several pictures and then, after removing the adapter with the card from the camera and pulling the SD card out of the adapter, I put the card into the Galaxy Note 10.1. The new photos showed up perfectly in PhotoShop Touch.

I had the same concern expressed by someone about the repeated removal and insertion of the SD card into the adapted and into the Note 10.1. For that reason, I bought the 64GB card, which will allow me to take hundreds of photos and store them in the camera for several days while traveling through Europe before having to import them into the Note 10.1.

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
@Mike 1978
FWIW, you got me curious after reading your comments about inconsistent connections and acceptable USB storage size. My Juiced seems to connect every time. Also, inserting a 16 GB SanDisk Cruzer (don't have anything bigger to try), automatically opens My Files app without any issues. Was also able to unmount and remount the USB stick without problems.

Hmm perhaps it was a format problem. Many of my thumb drives are formatted for mac OSX journal extended. I may have tried to use one of those. Not sure if android can deal with that file system.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

bluzman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
The only formats I've run across for my Android devices are exFat and FAT32...not sure about Apple format compatibility.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX