Import photos from CF card

ilgal

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I've seen the other thread about importing photos from a Nikon and checked those links.

I have a USB connector that allows me to connect a USB card reader that, in turn, hosts SD cards from my Canon camera. Works great.

My BF, however, has a Canon that uses the bigger CF (Compact Flash) cards. He has a special USB reader for these cards that works great in his PC. However, plugging this into the USB cable to my Note produces no results. The Note won't even see the connected device.

I have searched on Amazon for CF card readers and haven't found anything. Anyone have any ideas?

bluzman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I Googled "compact flash card reader for galaxy tab" and, wow, this is seems to be a problem without a lot of solutions. Apparently, the rush to SD and micro SD technology inadvertently left behind the owners of old digital cameras and many newer high-end digital cameras that tend to still use CF cards for main memory.

I turned up this: All in 1 USB Card Reader CF SD Connection Kit for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7500 - BuyinCoins.com The only review is in Russian but Google Translate produced this: "Excellent product. Pleased with the quality and design. And much cheaper than in local stores. Bought for himself. Sturdy packaging, no damage in transit. This product came quickly. Description and photos on the website are true."

I also found what looks like the same device here: 6in1 TF CF M2 SD USB Kit Card Reader For Samsung Galaxy: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics The only review was: "Looks good, small compact, plugs in great, it's just a shame that it dosn't want to read any data on any card that I have inserted into it. I purchased the card so that I could download photos from my camera directly onto my Tab just as the advert said and you can guess the rest. A complete waste of money, if I had bought it in a shop in the uk I would take it back but as I purchased on the Net from Hong Kong it's just too much hassle & for the price of it I just can't be bothered"

With all of that, as my old Latin teacher used to say, "caveat emptor".

BTW, BuyinCoins describes itself on the website as follows: "BuyinCoins.com is a professional electronics online website, what let you buy from China directly without any shipping fee. There are Computer Accessories, iPod, iPhone Accessories, HDMI Video Cable, Laser Pointer, Card Reader, Headphone, Silicone Case and more Cool Gadgets in stock. Many sellers dropship or wholesale from us, and you can just start your online business from here with high margin but ZERO risk."

ilgal

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Wow - thanks for all the Googling. I went that route with Amazon but didn't go out into the larger web. I'll check out the links you posted. I've also posted a similar question over at the DP review forum and I'll post back here if that turns up anyone who actually has found a solution for this.

bluzman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Wow - thanks for all the Googling. I went that route with Amazon but didn't go out into the larger web. I'll check out the links you posted. I've also posted a similar question over at the DP review forum and I'll post back here if that turns up anyone who actually has found a solution for this.
No problem and you're welcome. Your OP piqued my interest 'cuz it caused me to recall the first digital camera that I owned which used a CF card. Also, a buddy of mine is pursuing photography as a post-retirement profession so I recognized the issue (hmmm, I'll ask him if he's aware of a solution).

Meanwhile, tell your BF to forego a Venti Latte or a microbrew or whatever and use the $ to buy one of the devices linked above. For the price and with free shipping, it's worth a shot. :) Just kidding.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy